bolt on SOA, YJ and CJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

bolt on SOA, YJ and CJ

http://www.full-traction.com/new_page_6.htm

the company full-traction has a bolt on SOA lift kit. has any one tried this out yet?

1989 jeep YJ,4.2L,5spd
room a zoom zoom!!!!!!!!
http://hometown.aol.com/gouldvolts/jeep/jeep.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 04:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: bolt on SOA, YJ and CJ

I'd be very interested as to how this system works. I'm planning a spring over for my YJ but don't have any welding experience.

JT

97 TJ Daily Driver
4.0 5spd 32X11.5 BFG MT KMs with 2.5" of lift.
87 YJ
Soon to be trail worthy
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 08:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It appears as though the system uses the stock SUA spring perches to provide leverage against the axle tubes spinning (or the whole axle rotating), and I'd imagine the "block" part can be made in different sizes depending on the amount of lift to be achieved. It comes with flipped u-bolts and everything. The only negative I see compared to a welded SOA is a minimal loss of ground clearance b/c the u-bolt skids hang lower than the stock perches, along with having a few more parts involved.

Type 6-"Woodlands" '82 CJ'7
Type 2-"Occasional 'froader" '96 ZJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 12:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im thinking of going this rout also, I'm just waiting for feed back from actual users of it. the whole stering problems of SOA on highway kind of scare me though. So I might go with the popular RE 4 1/2 instead. Im only going with 33" so maybe the SOA is too much? any opinions would be apreciated.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 01:05 PM

Ooooooooh..
that looks cool!
I like how it uses sort of a hidden nut/under axle perch skidplate to protect the bolts. If this lower perch is strong enough to support the weight of the leverage, it looks like it might be a good setup.. Id be interested in that..

=-Ben
94 ZJ - Work Commuter.
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys on the way!
87 YJ - 5' of lift, Xterrains 33's. ARB Snorkel.
48 CJ2A - Lawn Sculpture.
Square-Eyed Jeeps Unite!!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 02:21 PM

Making new perches and welding them on only costs about $10, and takes about 30 minutes.
Ill bet those things cost hundreds.
If you say that you dont know now how to weld. I wouldnt suggest an SOA anyways, due to the fact that many other things need to be addressed besides just putting the springs over the axles.

Jeff
89 YJ
(sensibly altered for occasional off road use)
Vision without Action, is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 02:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with H8, that kit costs nearly $500 with no shocks, shackles, traction control, steering components, etc. I would think going SUA for now then learning how to weld and eventually doing it yourself would be the way to go... Thats what I am doing... just remember to save your stock springs or go with a 2.5" lift then by the time it is sagging and you learn how to weld it will be perfect for SOA (or thats my plan anyway...)

Jon - 1985 CJ7, 258, 77k, T-176, Dana 300, 1" body lift, 31's, wrangler tub, yellow!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 02:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with H8, that kit costs nearly $500 with no shocks, shackles, traction control, steering components, etc. I would think going SUA for now then learning how to weld and eventually doing it yourself would be the way to go... Thats what I am doing... just remember to save your stock springs or go with a 2.5" lift then by the time it is sagging and you learn how to weld it will be perfect for SOA (or thats my plan anyway...)

Jon - 1985 CJ7, 258, 77k, T-176, Dana 300, 1" body lift, 31's, wrangler tub, yellow!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 02:54 PM
sas87yj

no way- too much$ and too much hanging below the axle. weld the perches yourself. looks like an ABORTION!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 03:30 PM

even if you dont know how to weld you could take it to a shop or your buddies house. A Local Shop i bet would weld for a Max of 50 bux depending on what you wanted. It is more than 10 but less than 500...

Headed for Gunnison, soon....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode