BDS 4" Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

BDS 4\" Lift

If I go in and have my local 4x4 shop install this lift, is their anything to make sure gets done?

Also, I was thinking of going the 2.5" and a 1" body lift but when all is said and done it is double the price.
Now I am thinking of just putting the 4" on. Is their any problems with running this long distances? ie 100 miles
each way to work. Do I need a slip yoke, longer axle shaft, etc.

I can't afford to have any bad vibes and need to be able to drive it on the freeway at 70 mph.

Thanks in advance.

Chad

1998 Jeep TJ
2001 Raptor
1984 CJ7
Still looking for that tow vehicle to pull all my toys (M715)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 04:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: BDS 4\" Lift

What are talking about here your CJ I assume. Will your CJ do 70 now, I don't think mine will. Anyways I would imagine that it will ride a little stiffer, but you should be able to do it without any vibes. I wouldn't get real long shackles if you are getting new shackles. Make sure they do the dropped pitman arm, and extended brake lines if neccesary. Of course if you are going to bigger tires gears are probably going to be needed to give you engine enough advantage to stay at 70 mph. I'm sure you've already heard this but its not real hard to lift it yourself.

David Sanders
http://www.geocities.com/david_sanders_79/jeep.htm
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, Yes I am talking about the CJ. And yes mine seems to run really solid at 70. After all its all stock with
24,800 miles on it.

1998 Jeep TJ
2001 Raptor
1984 CJ7
Still looking for that tow vehicle to pull all my toys (M715)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 05:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I put the 4inch BDS lift on my YJ. It's fairly simple. I put it on by myself in one day. The lift rides smoother than my friend's 2inch Rancho lift. My kit came with every thing. four springs, trans drop, track bar drops, shocks, and pitman arm. I also got a steering stabalizer. My brake lines were fine but I got extended ones anyways. The rear driveshaft will have to be longer( cost me $75 at the 4x4 shop) and the shifter needs to be bent forward. I'm running 33x12.5 on 15X8s and almost have room for 35s.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Old Hand

If your CJ has a stock transfer case (Dana 300 or a Dana 20), you won't need a slip yoke eliminator . SYE's are only needed on YJs and TJs that have transfer cases with slip yokes.

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 09:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Save yourself the money and bolt your axles directly to your frame, because that's what the 4" BDS is gonna feel like and flex like. Speaking from experience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode