buying used Jeep - tips? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: buying used Jeep - tips?

I lucked out with my Jeep. I bought my 95 YJ(absolutely BONE stock) from a dealer but the dealership guy that actually sold it to me knew the girl that traded it in (friend of his). I got her number and talked to her about it for awhile. Turns out her daddy bought it for her and she told daddy she wanted something else after a few years so they traded it in for a sebring. She said it was never offroad and had never been put into 4L (she sounded hot too, haha). I looked underneath and in the engine compartment - all verified that what she said was true. When I brought it home, my friend H even found a tampon in between the dash and the windshield - thats what to look for when you buy a used Jeep haha, good luck - try to find out as much as possible about it before you buy it. The less modified it is, the better off you are (as a general rule).

Jay
95 Wrangler Rio Grande...She's gettin there - I'm all about the 4 cyls
http://www.geocities.com/heavycream
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 09:05 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

What happes to us comptuer Geeks who "do favors" for people we know? You're right, you become their 24 hour technical help line and the user never attempts to learn anything about the computer. It's just too easy to ask you and you've come to the rescue every time.

<hr></blockquote>

Larry , you having said this statement , you must know some of my friends [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Aint it the truth !!

<font color=black>Jeff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 09:30 PM

"I would not consider buying a new Jeep because I don't enjoy the fancy, non-rugged look of the TJ interior"- Joker2002

Oh yeah, and the ****ty plastic dash in my YJ looks so manly. The only thing good about it is that it is easily removable and replaceable by sheet-metal.

'89 Comanche, '89 Wrangler, '74 Postal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 09:51 PM
Joker2002

Whatever floats your boat, Sycho. It definitely looks better than the "****ty" TJ dash, though.

Blake
93 YJ/4.0L/33x12.50s/D30 front/D35 rear/NP231/AX-15/3" Rough Country suspension/1.25" shackles
post #15 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 10:15 PM
toyatic

All, I can say is look, look, look. It took me about six months to find my jeep, but I found my 93 last year with 27k, 4.0, 5-spd, air, hard top, ect. It was in perfect condition. The original owner had never even taken the doors off, and it had all the jeep service records.. I talked to the owner for a while, and he used it to tow a little john boat and that was it..
Jeeps can be very reliable.. you just have to know what you are doing, and do everything right the first time. In the year I've owned my jeep, I've logged on about 14k, and only have had to do a tune up, and redo the brake pads.

4in currie lift, 4.56's, true trac, and 33's.. yeah it's a start!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode