Who Frequents the Bad Land, Attica Indiana? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Who Frequents the Bad Land, Attica Indiana?

So i think a jambo at the bad lands is probably the most central location. So who frequents there and wants to be a trail leader? I'm thinking atleast 2, porbably 3 or more groups, maybe stock, mild (33's), built (lockers, 35's) groups so anybody want to volunteer? I'd be willing to make a couple trips down there to help run them though i'm not really susposed to be wheeling my tj, maybe i'd help with the stock group. We need trail leaders, post here or e-mail me at [email protected]

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a minny van

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 11:41 PM
mudracer

Re: Who Frequents the Bad Land, Attica Indiana?

Andy- I'll volunteer to lead trails. I'm at the Badlands once or twice a month with my Jeep and/or dirt bike, and have led trails at the spring event there.

You're right, there should be at least two or three groups depending on the turnout. More than ten per group can be tough to keep moving.

Troy's trail is tough. It can be done without damage, but you'd have to pass on some of the obstacles. It is invitation-only. I could ask Troy about taking a group through. He requires at least 35's, two lockers, cage and a winch (for good reason). Once, a nice, built Grand Cherokee went with us and made it through dent free, but he was VERY careful. Troy has been re-working some of the trials in the main park too. The main trails are a blast, especially if you haven't been on them before. There is so much variety at the Badlands, it should please everyone who can make it.

The closest campground is Summer's which is probably the one you guys are talking about. It's a nice, clean place about eight miles away.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'93 Dodge W250 Cummins 5spd club cab
'80 CJ-7 BBC, 1 ton
'85 Honda XR350R
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 11:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'd love to go if we are moved back to Wisconsin by then, but are there trails for a CJ with 31's and open diffs? I'm not lookin' for anything extreme, but I also don't want a "Nice Drive through the woods". Do the "Moderate" trails have a bypass or two for the nasty obstacles? Just wondering.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 12:11 AM
mudracer

Yep, there are bypasses for most obstacles. Some bypasses have other bypasses too![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] There really is something for every level of difficulty. If it has rained recently, it gets even more interesting. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'80 CJ-7 BBC, 1 ton
'85 Honda XR350R
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

That's cool mud racer, can you e-mail me your info like name, handle, adress, phone, and e-mail? I take it you would be leading the extreme guys if we got enough of them? Also do you have any friends that would help lead the trails if we can't find more people off the board? Chime in guys we need more trail leaders, also i'm typing up another post w/ all the info.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

BTT

97 TJ

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 10:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here's a link to some interesting pictures of Attica that someone posted. http://www.stearnes.com/attica.htm

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 12:43 PM
mudracer

Yeah, I'll email you the info.

Yes, I could lead the serious Jeep abusers [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] if enough show up, or if not, I don't mind running the moderate trails. Most of the guys I wheel with are into the extreme stuff, and we'll need some leaders for the moderate and light type stuff. Let's see if we can get some more volunteers! There have to be more folks here who know the Badlands at least a little.

'80 CJ-7 BBC, 1 ton
Honda XR350R
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

BTT

Thanks mudracer, i got your info, i also typed boycott instead of boyscout in the e-mail.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode