Trailmaster SSV shocks any good? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Trailmaster SSV shocks any good?

I've just about decided to order the BDS 4" kit. THe one I'm looking at (http://www.elias4wdcenter.com/Qstore/p000094.htm) comes with "Trailmaster SSV" shocks, which I know nothing about. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they a decent shock?

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 06:06 PM

Re: Trailmaster SSV shocks any good?

nope! sorry, not to get the wrong point accross.
No, I have not used them, but I would imagine that they are just as decent as any shock that comes with a kit, obviously they are not made by a shock specific company(Rnacho, Bilstien...etc.) But they should work fine for now.
I just ordered a Rustys Suspension kit, and I am going to stick with the shocks as long as I can, regardless of whether they are rustys or not...

=-Ben
94 ZJ - Work Commuter.
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys on the way!
87 YJ - 5' of lift, Xterrains 33's. ARB Snorkel.
48 CJ2A - Lawn Sculpture.
Square-Eyed Jeeps Unite!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 06:16 PM

No ,mine lasted a week before they blew.

91 wrangler 4.0 SOA,All borla,jet chip,rancho 9000s in cab random tech, M.O.R.E. steering kit, K&N, accel coil,sloted drilled rotors,four wheel disc, add a leaf,wrangler dual bat in cab optimas,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 03:14 AM
Wrangler88

i've had then on my YJ for over a year now, and they havn't even started rusting yet, i think its a great shock, the SSV if u didn't know stands for speed smart valving, they are comparable to the rancho RSX's but a few bucks cheaper, they are great on the road and very nice off road, i'm also ordering the BDS 4', and was planing on purchaceing the SSV's to go with it anyway, just my thoughts..

(\/)ikey
Got Jeep?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm with wrangler88 on this one..I've been running mine for over 2 years now and although I'm using them in a dual shock setup in front on the 60, they work great.I have had my share of leaks, but believe it or not 4wheel parts warrenties them and thats all that matters to me...Rancho in my mind is a BIG waste of greenbacks!! Been there done that (havent coined up for the 9000's so I cant relate) BUT the 5000's arent any better than a gabriel...They just look cooler and thats it!! Oh,The ssv's have held up thru many an obstickle (sp?) race for me and that says somthing in my book.

It's as close to a 1ton as it can get and still be a jeep!!! Gotta love it!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine work very well. A word of warning though, make very sure you do not bottom these shocks out as they will blow the seal and the lower valving.

Dan
<font color=blue> "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing. "
-- AlbertEinstein
</font color=blue>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode