Any comments on BDS supsension? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Any comments on BDS supsension?

What do you guys think about BDS suspension? I've been checking them out and reading the reviews. It seems like a pretty nice system and the price is right.
I'm looking at buying it from these guys http://www.elias4wdcenter.com/Qstore/p000094.htm
$555 with shocks and shipping.
Any comments from anyone running a BDS lift?

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 10:32 AM

Re: Any comments on BDS supsension?

I cant say how they ride but their warranty is great! no questions replacement! this is the brand I have been considering.

1977 CJ-7
-o|||||o-
[]- -o-[]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 10:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

im a fan of the military wrap on the springs im going to consider it when the time comes... trying to talk my friend into it now

Hall

<font color=red>88 Jeep XJ. </font color=red> 30" tires, No Sway bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 12:43 PM
Joker2002

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but so far BDS is the only suspension system that I have heard no complaints about. I've heard people complain about ProComp, SkyJacker, Rancho, and Superlift, but never BDS. I wouldn't take my word for it, but it seems to me that BDS makes one of the best prefabricated lifts out there. Custom lifts like National might be better, but are obviously much more expensive. Just curious, would most of you agree that BDS is one of the best? (Maybe now I will start to see some of the negative posts about the company.) I'm thinking of using BDS for my next rig.

Blake
93 YJ/33x12.50s/3" Heckethorn suspension/1.25" shackles
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 12:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A few buds here run bds springs on their cj'8s and cj'7s. They seem to like them. One has 2.5 inch SUA and one has 6inch SUA. The 6 inch doesnt flex at all though, tooo stiff. But the 2.5 inch flexes fine I think for a cj spring. I have heard at local moab offroad shops here in Louisville some complain they are stiff and compare them to Rubicon who they say are much better, but hey arent we talking price here, Im not sure, but isnt Rubi allot more money too??? I like em personally, but dont get the concept of the military wrap, what exactly is it, and why is it good?

Mooseykat
85 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O.
32" Big O At's on stock susp.
True dual flomaster 40 series mufflers.
CJ trail rig on the way!!
"When in doubt, HAMMER DOWN SON!"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 06:41 PM

I run 4" SUA and think they are fine for a bolt on suspension kit. They started out pretty stiff, but have broken in nicely. removing the spring clamps allowed the leaves to separate and flex better. I beat on them pretty hard on some of CO's toughest trails and have yet to hurt one.

Max

82 CJ, some stuff stock, some stuff not
Have you hugged your Jeep today?
http://www.alpine14rs.org
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Veteran

How is the ride? Hard? I am looking for a 4" lift that has a prety soft ride if that is possible.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 08:13 PM
YJJP

I've run them for four years now. 4" springs, and a shackle reversal, can't beat it. I've run this thing all over upper Washington state, drove it 3500 miles cross country and have had a good time wheeling in NC and Florida. Not one complaint, then again I can't afford to tear this thing up or take flight lessons in it. Much better than my old rancho lift. Money well spent, and not to expensive.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 12:36 AM
tdog90yj

Im running the 4inch kit on my Yj and the springs kick butt. Like someone else said they were a little stiff at first but they have broken in nicely. Just give them a good flexing and never look back.

Travis
Lots of goodies!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 10:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We're running 4" for about 4 months now driving it daily and have had it off-road several times. They are super stiff and have no flex, even with sway bar disconnected. Gonna look into removing clamps next.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode