Steering problems on my SOA YJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 12:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Steering problems on my SOA YJ

I just got finished putting a spring over on my 95 YJ using 4'' springs and 3/4'' shackles. The SOA wasnt really a big deal til now. I was wondering if any of you knew of what i could to do to make my steering work. As it is now i cant even attach my drag link to the dropped pitman arm because the spring is in the way (Dana 30). I know i have to put the drag link over the spring but i was wondering if any of you had any ideas on how to do that. i found a place that'll do it but they wanted a lot of $$. If any of you have any suggestions on what i can do that would be great. Ill get pictures up in a day or so. thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 01:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: Steering problems on my SOA YJ

Well, first off, i'm just curious as to what tire size you'll be running with that much lift?! You really think that D30 will hold up to that? That is assuming you'll be running a 38" or bigger. And please tell me you don't have the stock D35 in the rear? As for the steering, I don't really know what you can do with the D30. When I did an SOA with my D44's in my YJ, I got some flat top knuckles and some high steer arms. Works great!! MORE has some fancy brackets or something for the D30. I'll post the link below. Good luck man, and let me know what you'll be running. What kind of gears and tires and stuff.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/catal.../stcorrkt1.htm

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 09:12 AM

Re: Steering problems on my SOA YJ

I bought the MORE kit back when they were still working on it. Works great. But I only have an SOA and about 2" arch ( which promptly sags to about one). All the geometry is dead on.

91 wrangler 4.0 SOA,All borla,jet chip,rancho 9000s in cab random tech, M.O.R.E. steering kit, K&N, accel coil,sloted drilled rotors,four wheel disc, add a leaf,wrangler dual bat in cab optimas,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode