MC 2100 choke - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 09:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

MC 2100 choke

I just installed a 2100 on my yj 258eng.Everthing fine 1st day.Second I started and found choke will not open.I read in book choke requires 7 volt signal from alternater.I've heard 12 volts is what it needs.What is correct voltage source.Also,what else opens choke?Iv'e heard something about manifold heat will open choke.Anybody like to explain how the choke operates?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 09:27 PM

Re: MC 2100 choke

do you have an elcetric choke, or a water choke?
or both?

dos the black roudn thingy on teh choke have a lug on it to connect a wire to it?

or does it have a little hanger to loop a heater hose thru?

or does it have BOTH?

12V will work, so will 7, 2 would work eventually, or it cold be adjusted to work completely off of the heater hose warmth.

FIRST, yuse your finger to lightl hold the choke closed or apply pressure towards closing it, then with your other hand twist the throttle one time, that should "set" the choke

losten the 3 screws around that black disk, dont remove, just loose, then rotate that black disk ( choke spring cover) until there is 1/8-3/8 gap between choke plate and carb housing ( spec is in the chiltons or other service book)

I usallly set them where a few pumps of gas in teh morning sets the choke, squirts some gas and enagages the fast idle cam, then then adjust teh choke to pull off really quick.

sorry it isnt a good explanation, but it isnt hard to figure out

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 09:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine has electical connecter.Also has a 1/4" flare fitting sticking out.This thing worked fine the first day.Next morning didn't work.That afternoon work fine again.Then stopped working again.See my frustration?I'll take a harder look at it tommorow.I really don't want to go manual choke. I'd like to find out what gremlin is causing this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine has electical connecter.Also has a 1/4" flare fitting sticking out.This thing worked fine the first day.Next morning didn't work.That afternoon work fine again.Then stopped working again.See my frustration?I'll take a harder look at it tommorow.I bought this carb remanufactord.Choke should be ok.I measured 12 volts at choke and dosen't open. I may have bad part.I really don't want to go manual choke. I'd like to find out what gremlin is causing this.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 09:48 PM

if its got 12V at the heater coil of the choke, and its not openeing, its adjusted wrong, it only takes about 180 seconds to fully oopen one with 12V.

a remanufactured carb doesnt come adjusted, you still need to adjust the choke, and probably the idel air mixture, and idles speed.

if you hold hte choke plate down, and pump the gas does the choke snap closed and the idles go really fast?

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 10:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I haven't tried that.I know once after just starting I watched choke and it slowly opened[about 2mins.].Another time it didn't do anything.What is the purpose of the choke pull off?I will also go through book and check adjustments tomoorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode