anyone have a 360 flywheel removed? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

anyone have a 360 flywheel removed?

If any of you guys could lend a hand here I would really appreciate it!
Id like to hear from someone who has been running an AMC360 with a manual tranny that currently has the flywheel uninstalled ( to verify some numbers) or happens to KNOW the part number for it.

its a shot in the dark, but who knows!

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 10:34 AM

Re: anyone have a 360 flywheel removed?

OzarkJeep --

I bought a new flywheel last year for my 360 and I'm using a T-18 behind it -- Try this link:
http://www.jimsoffroadwarehouse.com/...PartNo=3212653

Much cheaper than Jeep dealer and it was a Mopar part - worked perfect.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

hey thanks Jeeperrog, but Ive actually got what I believe is a 360 flywheel, there has just been some confusing stuff lately about eh the part numbers, so I was tryig to verify, I got good positive confirmation from another source, so Im 99% on this one being a 360 balance.

if you know the part numbers, you can order stock wheels thru teh dealer parts for about $140

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 07:08 PM

OzarkJeep,
I posted in the earlier round about this subject. The guy that my flywheel came from was Crazy Jeepman at IFSJA. Want me to post up a picture of it?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

hey befeller, did you say it had 3197219-c with teh counter weight at 4:30? ( assuking the 319# is used as 12 ocloack postion)

OzarkJeep

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 08:51 PM

OzarkJeep,
Both of my wheels are 3197219, NO C. The numbers above the cast weights are E018, the other B276. Don't hold me to the last cast number, it was a little hard to read. Place the 3197219 number at the top, the counter weight is just above the 9 oclock position. I read that as just about where the hour hand would be at 9:30 on a clock face. The weight is 1" wide, 1" long, around 3/4" deep. I can't get a clear measure on the depth, but it is certainly less than 1"
One of them came from Crazy Jeepman (Pete). You familair with him from the IFSJA boards? The flywheel from Pete was pulled it from a 1978 J-10 Truck. That one has E018 above the weight.

"Version #3: #3197219 =Does not have the "-C" after the casting number, but does have "E-25" (or other letter/number combo) cast in just above the counterweight. Crankshaft flange recess measurement: 4.650 (approx. 5/32" larger than the above two versions) Counterweight position: 9:30 Exact application: unknown. Believed to be out of a 72/up 360 or 401 (304's do not have a counterweight) All cast-in counterweights are one square inch, with the exception of version #3 which is 1/4" shorter. (length 1", width 1", depth 3/4") For more info on this, or any other AMC related topic, give me a call. "The Voice Of Experience" Tony Zamisch California Classic AMC, Inc. Aerolite Mfg. Co. (619) 423-0364 www.amx-perience.com www.AMCWC.com"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode