SWB BBS Midwest Jambo - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

SWB BBS Midwest Jambo

So i remember us discussing these many times on the board but let's acutally plan one. The four places that come to mind to have the Jambo in my head are the pipeline (central wisconsin, would be a little far for the ohio, iowa, indiana guys, i 've never been there but think it has terrain for pretty much everybody), Haspin Acers (centeral Indiana? Dirt i know goes there a lot, think the terrain verrys enough for everybody), Bad Lands 4x4 park (Attica Indiana, terrain for everything from stockers to trails where 38's and d60's arn't enough), and if you don't mind me suggesting teamrush's land (just an idea, i'm almost sure if you needed help cleaning it us some more we would gladly help out). Now a time for the event I'm thinking early may, i don't have a calendar in front of me but the weather gets nice, it's far in advance, i might have a trail beater by then and it just poped into my head, i know memorial day isn't good for me and getting the indiana would be a real pain for me and most of the Northern IL, Wis, MN jeepers durning memorial day. So let's get votes for the place and the date, i havn't been to any of these places but i'd be willing to help out with the planning and all.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a minny van

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 07:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SWB BBS Midwest Jambo

Any time in May sounds good. I've heard that Attica is a good place. Where in Indiana is it? I'd be comming from Missouri, hopefully I'll have a trailer by then.

Edder

Do you smell that?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 04:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Attica will probably get the most votes, but Pipeline works better for me, I'll be back in Wisconsin by then. I've never been to either, but would be willing to go to both! Date doesen't really matter to me, jut wait 'till it warms up a bit.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Journeyman

I haven't made it to Attica yet but it is about 100 mi south of Chicago on the Indiana side. So that puts it about in the middle between Chicago and I-70. My Jeep wouldn't be ready but I would definitely come by for fun.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 04:54 PM

If you wanted to have it at the Pipeline, I could be a trail leader, set up the camp site, heck, i'd even cook for you guys one of the nights, I only live 60 miles from it. one problem though. I can't really do anything until fall. My Jeep won't be done until Spring, hopefully before May, but I can't say for sure, second, I'm 1/3 owner of a Marine business,we get very busy in Spring, plus I have three boat shows between now and then to partipate in. One good thing though, anyone breaks anything, my shop/tools/trailer/truck are available to use if anyone runs into a jam! Check us out at www.everythingforboats.com

"It's not ugly! It just has a lot of "Character"!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 06:27 PM

My vote is for the Pipeline, since it's only about an hour away for me. Attica may work, would just require more coordinaiton on my part. The Pipeline is pretty busy Memorial day weekend; I usually make it up there at least one day that weekend. As far as a date goes, I'll try to make just about any weekend in May work.

Ken

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 06:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well were is Pipeline exactly? About how far from Missouri?
If I can pull off getting a trailer by then, I'm open to go almost anywhere

Edder

'90 YJ, '79 Cherokee, '63 Willys Wagon[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 06:51 PM

Edder, I have a bro-in-law that lives in Warrensburg, Mo and it takes him about 10 hours driving time to get to Green Bay. The Pipeline is about an hour or so northwest of Green Bay, near the booming megatropolis' of Lakewood and Mountian, WI. Hope this gives you some reference for distance.

Ken

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That would be a haul for me.......but a possibility.
Thanks for the reference.

Edder

'90 YJ, '79 Cherokee, '63 Willys Wagon[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Looks like may is a good month, i'm not sure about pipline terrain (can stock jeeps w/ 30's handle it?, but keep the guys w/ 35's and lockers entertained?) Badland would probably be the best, anybody know it well? I can't remember the campground near there but i know they section off areas for large clubs. I'd be willing to help organize some of this anybody else want to volunteer and help organize, pre-run and get this all set up?

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a minny van

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode