Central Florida info? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 10:10 AM
Dean

Central Florida info?

It looks like I'm going to be moving to the Lake County (Clermont, Eustis, etc.) area within the year. Does anyone know if there are any 4x4 clubs in that area? Also, does anyone know if the Ocala National Forest is still open to ORV use?

Dean

http://www.feepness.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 10:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Central Florida info?

Dean -
Clermont, Eustis etc are near the Orlando area of Florida which is not too far from where I live in Sebring, approx 1.5 hrs South. One really good area for wheeling is North of Sebring and South of Orlando called Avon Park. There is a military tract there called the Avon Park Bombing Range which is about 30 miles square with great trails. The military corridors off active areas when they are using them but they almost never close the range completely. There's camping, lakes for fishing and lots of sugar sand trails so make sure you have wide tires and plenty of torque. Welcome to Florida, there's an aweful lot to do here if your willing to travel about two hours in any direction.
BT

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 12:52 PM

BTLT, I have family in Sebring and Avon Park, and some friends near Zolpho Springs or however that place is spelled. I live in GA, though. I'll be in Sebring in June, maybe I can have the jeep running by then and wheel it while I'm down. My cousins fiance has a CJ7. BTW, you might know my family, the Bozemans... email me if you want, [email protected]

Andy T.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 05:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, Ocala is still open to ORV (as of a couple months ago).

And then there's that mysterious place called Krum (Kroom, Krume?)

Type 6-"Woodlands" '82 CJ'7
Type 2-"Occasional 'froader" '96 ZJ
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 07:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Canis -

Croom (I now have the correct! spelling) is west of I-75 near Rt 50, in Withlacoochee State Park. However, Croom is ATV/Motorcycle only. Supposedly, and I have yet to confirm this, there are roads/trails?? elsewhere in this state park open to 4wd vehicles... Still trying to find out more about this possibility.

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
http://www.tidesys.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 07:57 AM
Dean

BTLT, Thanks for the info. That area is sounding better and better all the time. I moved to Gulf Coast Texas from Boca Raton about 3 years ago (BIG mistake), and I've been looking to move back to a less populated area of Florida ever since. Now all I need to do is sell my house, find a job, buy a new house, and move.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] If you hear of any 4x4 clubs in the central Florida area, please pass them on.

Dean

http://www.feepness.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode