OT- heart trouble in nogales - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 09:54 PM
sas87yj

OT- heart trouble in nogales

just glad to be back and drove my jeep today after getting out of the hospital. good to see sky and clouds again. was out surveying in the mnts and had a heart rate prob. we were too far from the truck to get back. i was down with an accelerated heartbeat of massive amounts. go figure- i don't smoke or drink. well i curled up in a ball on the ground in the ravine we were in and we used the cell phone to call for help. took near 3 hours to get a helicopter there and flew me to tucson. after 2 days of needles and tests the cardiologist figured out what i have- not life threatening and has me on medication. will follow up with more extensive tests. GLAD to be ALIVE!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 09:59 PM

Re: OT- heart trouble in nogales

Wow man, sorry to here about that, but glad you are doing well!

Take Care!
=-Ben

=-Ben
94 ZJ - Work Commuter.
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys on the way!
87 YJ - 5' of lift, Xterrains 33's. ARB Snorkel.
48 CJ2A - Lawn Sculpture.
Square-Eyed Jeeps Unite!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:05 PM

Wow Steve, thats a long wait when you know somethings wrong with your heart! Glad to hear it's treatable by medication! By the way, how do you like the 32" MTR's. I believe this is my tire choice/size. Take Care! Rick

"It's not ugly! It just has a lot of "Character"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:12 PM
Little_W

Steve,
Glad your still with us. Scarey feeling.
3 hours is a l o n g time. Keep us posted on your recovery.
All the best
w

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, Steve, that's scary. Hey, you gotta stick around and be OK, I want to go wheeling next time I visit my folks in Tucson. BTW, where were you down near Nogales, I covered virtually every inch of that border area in the Jeep back in the mid and late 80s, there are some really neat isolated canyons and old mines back in those hills.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor

and
http://rockgarden.rockcrawler.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:43 PM
sas87yj

rick
thanks. the 32's are FINE! it is a good step for me now with the 3.55 gears but sure i'll being going 35's when i re-gear.

brad- thanks. we were pretty much just west of nogales along the forest bndry. went down potrero cyn and then part way up a gasline rd till the 2WD truck phased out. we then set out on foot to the corner we looking for. the fire dept 4WD couldn't make it in and had to hitch up with the border patrol. then they had to walk in. we gave them our lats and longs to find us. GPS is great! they started an EKG and did the vitals and started me on oxygen. when the chopper arrived i was started on IV and a shot of sugar solution.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 12:24 AM

Thank god for GPS and CELL PHONES!! I am glad that you are ok. that is one scary thing about working out in the sticks! glad you are ok
surveyboy

http://www.csupomona.edu/~sdmiller1/jeep.htm
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 12:31 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Wow Steve. What a story. Glad you're okay. Guess I should keep my GPS with me. Hey, I work on folks with problems like yours. SVT (supraventricular tachicardia) sound like something you've heard of recently. I'd luv to catch you on Paltalk sometime and field your questions.

I'm on here so much, I have carpal tunnel reader syndrone.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 01:21 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Wow, that is scary! Must have been the longest 3 hour wait ever! Glad to hear your doing ok. If it happens to me I guess I'll just croak off, no GPS or cell phone. Oh well, at least it would be doing something I love...

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 07:17 AM
sas87yj

wow you're hired radukal! SVT is exactly what the cardiologist has diagnosed. they ran tests to try to find the cause ie stress trest, thyroid and ultrasound. all came back negative which he said was good. he started me on a little white pill but then i had a 30 minute bout in bed so he "upped the annie" and put me on 2 pink pills- AMIODARONE. there are several medecines they can use- just have to find which works for me. i am scheduled for another test- nuclear cardiac thingy. i think he said a dye will be injected by IV and the heart will be studied more thorough than the ultrasound and stress tests.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode