Golden Eagle ..what years?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Golden Eagle ..what years??

A fellow at work has a POS (a thousand pardons for such blasphemous words, saheeb) Golden Eagle with a shot 4 banger in it. I'm "taking this off his hands for the ridiculously high figure of $200 (shhh..don't tell him). When I saw that the guy had stopped driving it to work I asked him why and he said that he was junking it. I said I'd give him salvage rate ($100)..he then told me someone had offered him $1000 for the thing so he could scavenge the running gear. Well, the guy never showed and I again asked him what he wanted for me to take it off his hands ...he said $200 (YaaaaaHooooooooo!) He says that it's an 84 ...did such a beast exist then? I'm somewhat ignorant when it comes to the CJ line ..errrr ....... make that many things[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The beast has a few holes in it and looks like it has an "urban camoflage" exterior (multi patches and varied paint scemes-lol) ...only a hard top ..but aside from the 4 banger with blown lungs ..is totally road worthy.

Does anyone know of this infamous "Golden Eagle"????

GeeAea

Now that I've quit smoking my doctor was pleased to inform me that I'll die in much better health!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 08:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Golden Eagle ..what years??

I don't know the years but I know that's what Daisy Duke drove[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img].
Hers had a padded dash pad so they must have been a later model CJ.

'88 Sahara, 4.2 that runs thanx to every Cheap trick on this board. The rest is getting there![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Old Hand

Mines a 78.

78 CJ7 Golden Eagle/TR Ignition/Weberized/2" leafs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 10:23 AM
Official Historian

Either 79 or 80 was the last year. After that, the Laredo replaced the Golden Eagle package. Both were the top of the line packages during their existence. Basically a tach and clock, maybe carpet, and decals. Mine has the th400/quadratrac and air conditioning also.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 10:33 AM
Keyboard Implanted

My '83 sales brochure shows only Renegade, Laredo, and Limited trim levels for the CJ's. The Golden Eagles were earlier years, just not sure when the breakoff of that trim level was.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 11:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

the golden eagle trim package was offered on CJ-5's & CJ-7's from 1977 to 1980. was availble in "thrush" brown only in 1977 since it was supposed to be a limited low production promotional item... but it made it till 1980.. and after '77 could be had in various other colors.. but all of them will have the giant gold, black, and white eagle on the hood.. and on the sides of the hood it will say.. "golden eagle" vs renagade.. or whatever.. had the levi's interior in different colors... roll bar.. fender flares.. gold spoke rims.. tach, clock.. what have you...

http://www.jeepgod.net

<font color=orange>If you are allergic to lead, it is best to avoid a war zone</font color=orange>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

He probably said '78 and not '84. Heck, where he comes from ...they're all related[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]so he might even not know. It's definitely a Golden Eagle ...logos and gold trim rims. The beast is pretty ratted out ...but for $200 do I really have any choice/complaints?

GeeAea

Now that I've quit smoking my doctor was pleased to inform me that I'll die in much better health!!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 05:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

No complaints! We (my step dad and I) paid $200 for our last parts Jeep (78 CJ-7) and we are splitting it up. He's keeping most of it and I get the front hubs for my Warn 6 bolt conversion. Body was garbage, but motor/driveline is in great shape.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode