Where can somebody rent a garage? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where can somebody rent a garage?

I've been looking for storage facilities to store my tools and have space to work on my jeep with no luck. Do such places exist? I've called storage units that advertise enough room for 5th wheels and boats, but when they hear that I want a place to work on my car they say no way. My folks live too far away and my garage is too small so I want to rent a place if the price is right. Any suggestions?

<font color=blue> -Dorian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 08:26 PM

Re: Where can somebody rent a garage?

place an ad in the local paper under wanted.. garage area to rent cheap. you just may get lucky

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 09:51 PM

I don't know, but if you find someplace, please post back here so the rest of us can find out how... I have a garage, but it sure would be nice to find a rental place with a lift for some projects.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Little_W

I was reading jaffer's post to CJDave. In it he mentions renting a garage or bays in a garage to some street racers so they can work on their vehicles. You might post him and get information on what garage owners look for and how such rentals are usually done.
Just a thought.
w

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:32 PM
adam7985

Check with some real estate agents. They know a lot of people that own a lot of different properties. A friend of mine got on the subject of garage/storage space with an agent once. Long story made short, he found a guy who had a garage area under some apartments. The deal was $1 (yes... one dollar) a month for a year if he cleaned the place up! The place was a mess and in a not-so-great part of town, but it was the size of a small warehouse! Unfortunately the owner did stick to the one year deal (bummer).

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:45 PM

In my area (Green Bay,WI), cold storage rates start around $2.50 per sq.ft. Finished areas go as high as $6.50 depending on the situation. I'm 1/3 partner in a Marine business (besides my full time job) and we rent the far rear of our 16,000 sq.ft. building to a retired guy that builds street rods, vettes etc. for a hobby. He's paying us $350.00 per month for about 1,500 sq. ft. It's better than sitting empy, more money than boat storage for the winter months. He's got the room for vehicles, plus 3 phase, it's very well lighted, heat, etc. When i have the time to work on my Jeep project, he'll come over and lend a hand if i'm lifting something heavy like axles, etc. or give advise. Now find a buddy or two... cheaper rent! It's out there.. another option... We have a developer in the area that started selling garage condo's... a pole building, built to your needs in the industrial park.. starting at $15,000! It's enough, but not bad if you already have a home and not enough room to build on, etc.. My Cousin bought one of these for his toys.. very cool.. insulated, lighted, electricity... check marina's, RV shops, even garages, someone has space available thats reasonable.

"It's not ugly! It just has a lot of "Character"!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 11:20 PM
ArkyCrawler

Farmers!! I had the same problem, big plans but no space! While talking to a friend, he mention a farmer who happen to have an old work barn that needed alittle work amd might be willin to do a little trading. He need the barn doors put back on roof fixed and the place cleaned uP - I got 1/2 the barn, 3 phase power, 200gal indus. air tank lots of outlets and use of all hand tools. I came out WAY ahead on this deal!

Steve

83 CJ-7/chevy 350/44-20 with lockers/4"lift/33x12.5 swampers on hellcats/9500 ramsey. I'm in LOVE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode