On line at long last! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

On line at long last!

It's been kind of a struggle, but we finally got the phone and data cabling done and our little "Farmhouse in the Heartland" now has modern internet access. It seems like there was always something just a little higher on the priority list so the internet thing got pushed back again and again. We are still installing the new electrical system, but I have temporary power to my home office to run everything. One thing about it; I don't have to sit there and wonder if I need to replace something......it ALL needs replacing! Every pipe and every wire in this entire house has been/is being, replaced. It's kind of a kick in a way. I'm not workin' in the bizness till March, so all I really have to do is work on the house. I'm building an electrical array on a big board in the basement that resembles Mission Control. We are lovin' it here in the "Heartland" and the winter weather has been kind to us as we have been sort of easing into winter one degree at a time. Jeepchick is now officially retired and strangely enough she hasn't awakened even one monday morning and said: "Gee I wish I could go to work in THE JOINT today!"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Man, it's GREAT to see this Jeep BBS again! I really missed reading this board each day!

CJDave
A Jeep Skunkworks run by Moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], buildin' the ultimate SNOJEEP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: On line at long last!

Great to have you back! Good luck on your remodeling/updating projects.

Enjoying Montana's Big Sky
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

dave, you'll be reading old posts for about 7 months to catch up!
TR has been posting here agian lately, as is H8monday, and many folks you'll recognize. good to have one of our "voices of reason" back again.

~~Elusive~~
everything good in life is round, breasts, halos, and headlights
http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:05 PM

and heeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeessssssssss

Dave!

( like Johnny, get it?)

good to see you Dave!
hows the snojeep?

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:11 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Glad to see you back and glad to see you kept your ratting.. After being absent from the board for about 13 months, I went from addict back to stranger.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:12 PM

Glad to see you back Dave. You've got lots of posts to catch up on. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Good luck on your plumbing/wiring. You are installing lots of ground cables aren't you??[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The SNOJEEP is tucked in the barn right now and DRAT we did not get a chance to pour the heated floor in there. Just too many projects to get done and too many pre-winter crash programs. I'm not sure if the concrete guys can pour indoors in the winter or not, but if they can, we could actually get to do some work in there. We trailered the SNOJEEP to Iowa and still have quite a few things to do on it. Our "super Puller" 3/4T GM was a big success, and I really like using the two-lever transfer case. I am surprised at how much I use under drive; like creeping into the garage for example.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
A Jeep Skunkworks run by Moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], buildin' the ultimate SNOJEEP!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:22 PM

Glad to see you back!!
Send me your address on private, I lost it again.... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

So many cats, so few recipes...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:39 PM
utahjeepr

Dang, does this mean I have to give the moonguy team back.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

They've been getting used to SoCal. Heck one of 'em has even started wrenching on Alpha Romeo's and hangs out in North Hollywood all the time[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]. I'm a little worried about him.

September 11, 2001- We will not forget! We will not forgive!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glad your back, Ken from the North country ME.Did you find a good electrician or are you doing work yourself

There are 2 ways to learn your own mistakes and other peoples mistakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode