On line at long last! - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 06:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: On line at long last!

glad to have ya back dave!!! lets put another log on the fire...

http://www.jeepgod.net

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 07:24 PM

Dave,
Your back!!! Everything is right in our Jeep world again!
Boy do we have a lot of catching up to do.
Lets see, there are D44 joints now that can take the abuse of a V8.
The YJ has gone full competition.
Enough, enough, you just get settled in a get comfortable, and we will bring you up to date, all in good time.
Good to have you back "Freind".

Jeff
89 YJ
(sensibly altered for occasional off road use)
Vision without Action, is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 08:17 PM
Little_W

Dave,
WELCOME back ! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
We're all glad your move to the heartland has been successful. You have been missed!!!
When you left in October you were concerned about Kat surviving the trip. I hope Kat is enjoying Iowa with you.
Peace.
w

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 08:29 PM

Welcome back old friend.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The land of the <font color=red>FREE</font color=red>, and the home of the <font color=blue>BRAVE</font color=blue>.
[email protected]
post #15 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 08:36 PM

Glad to have you back. You said your doing some wiring?
I had a question about 220v... :>p hehehe

Just kidding. Read the posts and you'll understand.

TJ

post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 08:43 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Welcome home Dave, glad to have you back online.
We left the rat race many moons ago and have not looked back since. It don't take long to get used to life in the slow lane, enjoy!

post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 10:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welcome back Dave. And a couple moon guys for good measure[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
http://www.tidesys.com
post #18 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Can't Get Enough

Good to see you back! Home is where the heartland is, or is it heartland is where the home is?

post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Boy; this BBS software is kind of cranky now. Between it and the internet connection that I have, it takes a LOT of time and patience to get something posted. This corn-country internet is slower than molasses in January and about half the time I can't even get the server to respond. I am so darn glad to be back on line, however, that I will put up with lmost anything.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Yes, KTB Mainer, I am an electrician. In fact,[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]I have always said that unless the inspector looks at some of my stuff now and then he WON'T KNOW how good work is supposed to LOOK.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I seriously doubt if I could even attempt to go back and read the posts for the last three months. I unplugged the compooter on October 6th (I think) and the next day the Kat and I left for Iowa in the diesel U-Haul. We overhauled the truck in stages beginning about 70 miles from home at the Stockton CA U-Haul servicecenter. The pinion yolk had loosened and the preload on the timkens went away. Luckily I caught it just in time. There was time for the U-Haul dealer to armor-all the tires but no time to check the rear axle which was SOAKED with oil. Next it was the suspension air compressor; we changed that in Cheyenne Wyoming AND fixed the broken heat control cables so we had cab heat. Then it was an air leak to fix in York Nebraska. I met some real nice shop guys and also bagged a Leece-Neville alternator for the CJ out of the truck shop bone pile in Cheyenne. I back-charged U-Haul for three extra motels and expenses. Kitty just absolutely loved the rumble of the diesel and the whine of the gears as we spent as much as 20 minutes at a time in very noisy second gear(needs a new input shaft bearing) climbing out of Salt Lake and again out of Laramie. We could go dangerously fast on the flats but had no poop in the hills with that 7.3 L International V8 NA Diesel. The Cat eventually figured out which truck stops stocked his brand of cat food. He did real good, better than I ever expected; I would not let him look out of the windows except when it was dark outside so he didn't get carsick.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

CJDave
A Jeep Skunkworks run by Moonguys[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img], buildin' the ultimate SNOJEEP!
post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 11:56 PM

Great to see you back on-line, settling in ... and RETIRED?, Dave. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
New digs are exciting.
On the home front here in Farmington ...
The old heating and metal shop buy fell through.
Basically what happened was I made the seller pay my structural engineer to condem his own building. It was 35 years older than (the 50) stated, the roof was ready to cave in, and the main outside wall had a good sized buldge in it.
The would-be seller was pretty pissed ... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
The good news is that this pending deal shook my 87 year old dad into finally putting a price on the old Conoco gas station property next to my business. The front corner office is leased to a loan company. I leased the two big bays with lifts on short term for free to the new "Fast & Furious" rice rocket car club in exchange for manual labor ... steaming and chipping paint, refinishing bay doors, etc. And at least one of the lifts still works ... or at least it was working last year.
I've carpenters working on the rotten eaves, electricians on the brittle, out of date wiring, and I've been installing the compressor and other (endless) odd jobs as time allows. The old tanks are gone and it's had air pumped under it starting eight years ago and is EID certified soil clean ... whew!
All the activity has me walking around with a big grin on my face ... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
And best of all, I'm ending up with two private, heated bays all to my self!
Pictures soon ... we wanna see pics your new 'Jeep Lab' too!

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode