Comanche question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Comanche question

I always see this short box comanche on the way home and so today I stopped in to see what the deal was on it. It wasn't for sale but he has been driving it for 4 years now and you can start to see the rust. Anyway getting to the point, when I talked to the guy he said that he was just thinking about selling it the other day ,and maybe within a couple months he'll give me a call. It's a 2wd short box 4cyl, 5 spd don't know mileage or year probally around a 89-90 like I said abit of rust on the box(Iknow they go bad) and the rad and water pump may need changing he said. I didn't get too in depth, but he said he'd like around $1200(cdn) for it but said he was flexible and that he had dgot his running out of it. sorry for posting here but I looked around and I didn't see any posts on MJ's anywhere. I got the gear to convert to 4x4 too kickin around here somewhere's. what do you think? is it worth it? or is it just cause it says Jeep I'll jack the price?

Thanks & happy New Years
Chad

84 & 76 CJ-7's Give me a striaght six cummins diesel anyday. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 07:02 PM

Re: Comanche question

The boys on the mid-size Jeep forum would be the ones to talk to. A Comanche is just a 4-door Cherokee cab with a frame and bed grafted onto the back.

'89 Comanche, '89 Wrangler, '74 Postal
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 10:59 PM

nah, dont buy it.
Especially not if its the 4cyl, and 2wd.
you need 4wd and a 4.0. It has a solid front end whether you 2wd or 4wd, so you are waisting money on 2wd.

Thats my 2 cents.

=-Ben
94 ZJ - Work Commuter.
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys on the way!
87 YJ - 5' of lift, Xterrains 33's. ARB Snorkel.
48 CJ2A - Lawn Sculpture.
Square-Eyed Jeeps Unite!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 11:16 AM

i had a 86 comanche 2wd that was my daily driver a few years back. it was also a 4 cyl and auto. i bought a rusted cherokee for $300, and took everything off it i needed in one weekend. the next week, i took friday off, and took everything out of mine. by late sunday night i was up and running. this included yanking out the auto, swapping in the ax5 and case, the clutch and brake pedals, master and slave, computer, and front end with disconnect garbage. i had a friend of mine who worked at a driveline shop make me up some driveshafts at cost, plus beer. i was very happy with that truck, and drove it every day until somebody pulled out in front of me and i couldnt avoid them. the 20 miles to the gallon was not too hard to live with either.

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode