Holbrook CJ2A springs-anyone using them? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Holbrook CJ2A springs-anyone using them?

I saw the article in Four Wheeler and thought 'there is the answer to my problem'. I want longer springs on my 2A, but dont want to cut up the frame or weld on extra length to get the springs on. Anyone using these, and how well do they work?

Member of the Christian Off-Road Association.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 09:30 PM
jeepfiend

Re: Holbrook CJ2A springs-anyone using them?

I'm not familiar with the Holbrook springs, but my brother-in-law just put a set of Superlift Softride springs on his 2A and he loves them. Of course his old springs had huge thick add-a-leaves, so the Softrides were a huge improvement. Be prepared for a little sag with the softride springs, I think I would go with the 2-1/2" lift springs. Once they settle in I think they give a flattie a nice ride height, and you can still fit a narrow 32" tire, and everyone knows that it is sacrilege to put wide tires on a flatfender. I have heard that the Rancho 1" springs are also a good alternative, but they do ride a little stiffer.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces! Except for one!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2001, 04:41 PM
Nickmil

The Holbrook Springs work. The picture of the 3b in the article is Rich Imholt's "Bad Bee" and was the test mule for the springs. At Moab a couple of years ago he scored an 1100 on a 23 degree ramp and ran out of ramp. I drove it on lower Helldorado and was very impressed. We also tried it on washboards at 30 mph and I couldn't believe how smooth it drove. One thing I would recommend though if you drive it on the street every day would be a sway bar with a disconnect. It's plenty drivable on the street but does get some body sway. Rich has had the springs on about 2 or 3 years now and still work great. They've settled somewhat but not much. Everyone that I've talked to that has them loves them. I will be putting them on my CJ-5 when I rebuild it. I'm also putting a set on the front of my race Jeep (M38a1 frame) to soften up and smooth out the bumps and Jumps. Bottom line is they work great. E-mail me if you have any further questions. Nickmil.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2001, 05:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

What are these springs you are talking about? I would love to have flexier springs for my 63 CJ5. How much modification do they take?

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 07:20 PM

What issue of Four Wheeler is it in? I'd like to check it out for my flatty.

Thanks
Keith

C-Ya.....................kh
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

It is in the newest Fourwheeler. They show it on a 3B, but 2A's, 3A's, and 3B's had the same springs.....Should work great! I will be looking into getting a set for my '48 2A, so I will let everyone know how they work out.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 12:32 AM

Went down and bought a copy of Four Wheeler. The springs look good. Let us know what they cost and how they work. I might look at using them instead of SOA Wranglers on my 48 flatty.

Thanks
Keith

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Talked to Gary at Holbrook today on the phone for about 15 minutes, and if half of what he says is true, these things are going to be sweet! He is sending me more info so I should have more specs soon. They are a little more pricey than others, but they will perform better than stock length springs with a lift. He also told me they provide 3 inches of lift, not 2 1/2, and they dont use poly bushings. Sounds like these are the best thing out there for flat-fenders! I will let everyone know when I get more info, and when I get the springs( I am in the middle of a disc brake conversion, new top, new seats, etc.)

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 03:03 AM

Talked to him today also. They do sound good. Like you said there a little pricey.

Keith

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode