ltb or tsl? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2001, 10:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ltb or tsl?

I've posted about tires a lot already but I was wondering if anyone had any more info about the ltb swamper since last time I posted. I think it was Jeepn that told me that they used to just be called tsl but I was wondering if anyone knew why they were so much cheaper. National tire and wheel has the 34 10.50 ltb for $115 and the 34 9.50 tsl for $140. What is all your opinions on the two tires. Which ones would be a better choice for me. I was told that the ltb wouldnt perform quite as well as the tsl but would be better than a bfg or similar tire. The ltb has a tread depth of 22-32 and the tsl has a tread depth of 27/32. Thats a fair amount of differenc but Im not sure its worth the extra $25. It would possibly be worth it to me if the tsl outperformed the ltb by quite a bit. Thanks for the help and all. Later.

<font color=green>ColeJ6</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:43 AM

Re: ltb or tsl?

Did you try calling National Tire and asking them what the difference is if there is any? Ask them about the # of plies and sidewalls and stuff. I agree, there has to be some difference to be $25 difference in price.

76 CJ7, 258,Jeep T18, D20 TC, D30 & AMC20.
4" Superlift, 33" SSR's
Will trade extra kidney for Jeep parts!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 11:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ltb or tsl?

Im pretty sure the ltb has a 6 ply sidewall. The tread pattern is a little different but they still look pretty aggresive.

<font color=green>ColeJ6</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode