First unofficial post - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 10:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First unofficial post

Just felt like being the first post besides admin. on this Kia Jeep site, j/k lol. No offense. This site was made to help the KJ so I wont say anything against it. I would love to see one of these puppies up another 12inch from the factory height. Any of you with pics of your off-road ventures with the KJ post a message at the mid-size jeep board to show them what your IFS can do, if anything, there I go again.

Jeff

86 XJ 2dr 2.8L auto 140kmi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 02:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: First unofficial post

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Jeff, I forgot to answer the question I saw on the Cherokee forum in that long liberty conversation, but the 2.8L will certainly pull other vehicles out of ditches or other places they're stuck... Low range helps out a bit, the biggest thing is to make sure you don't spin the tires, at least too much. If you spin the tires in the snow fast and stay in the same place the snow melts and then refreezes so after that happens you're not going to pull the other vehicle out due to trying to accelerate on ice... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Take a bucket of kitty litter with you to dump on the ice/snow under your tires for traction. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Sorry for invading the KJ site with that item by the way for any KJ owners... The headlight placement is the biggest thing I don't like about the KJ... I work where they make KJ halfshafts... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I guess i'll have to take back seat to ya jeff.I enjoy reading what you mid size guys were posting on the other board and really feel it's a shame the admin folks felt a need to create another mid size board. I hope you mid size people don't mind if the redheaded step child of the JEEP family visits once in a while.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 01:06 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Your Jeep may be mid-sized, but shares no characteristics with the other Jeeps in that family. These forums are here to help you with your vehicle and you wouldn't get that help in the mid-sized forum. I suggested that they start a Jeep IFS board but this is what they created. Give it a few months for the vehicle sales to take off and see what happens. You might also want to search out other KJ owners and inform them of the site so you can all share info and ideas about your newly acquired vehicles. Good luck and enjoy, Taz.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

If it ain't dirty, you're doin' it wrong[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 02:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Motor Trend tv aired their Death Valley test last night on SV, and the Liberty acquitted itself quite well vs. the other 4x4's tested (best off-road, best breakover angles, etc.) Nice job. The GM looked really portly with it's low running boards and ride height.

You can't have everything. Where would you put it? -Steven Wright
1996 Cherokee Sport
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 03:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea I saw that last night to and the liberty seemed to do pretty well against the competion.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 07:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I get sick of hearing "purists" rip on the KJ, lets face it the XJ had all kinds of CJ owners crying fowl back in the eighties, if it wasn't for the spirit of innovation and design we have they'res alot of cars and trucks that wouldn't exist. (plus D.C. needed to start selling more cars to soccer moms[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img])

<font color=green>If it ain't broke,let me drive it!</font color=green>
http://www.skyboom.com/Robison
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 01:31 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I would've liked to have seen that show. Lots of rumors as to what the KJ can actually do.....i.e. Rubicon having a crew to move rocks around to help it get over obstacles. Every Jeep ever produced has had to run this trail and I don't ever recall any needing that much help to finish. It sounds as if Rusty's is coming up with some pretty good ideas concerning the KJ so we will just have to wait and see. I don't particularly like the idea of 17" wheels on a serious off-road machine though.

If it ain't dirty, you're doin' it wrong[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 08:34 AM
Veteran

Like something already said I think:it needs to have an optional D30 front axle.Still having the hardest time getting over this IFS thing[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hey,I know a shortcut......[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 12:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeff, you're a BAD boy!

What will the KJ boys need to do to get rid of the XJ riffraff?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Hewgag

[img]C:\hewgag.jpg[/img] The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden

Visit my 2000TJ in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode