EVIC console Help needed!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 02:49 PM
rwt101

EVIC console Help needed!!!

I have a 2004 Liberty. I just installed an EVIC console. Checked the temp sensor and there was already one installed. Turned on ignition and compass came on but only dashes for temp--. Checked connection and all was ok. Ran through all other functions and all seemed ok. Then the OBD II light came on on the dash. Checked all connections again and all seemed ok. I then disconnected all the wires that I installed. Now the OBDII light is still on on the dash. Any ideas? HELP PLEASE!!!
Bob T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 04:46 PM
nuordersg

Re: EVIC console Help needed!!!

stating the obvious: ensure that your temp sensor was installed correctly...and ensure that it is the correct temp. sensor located in front of the radiator at the front of the vehicle. It is unusual that there would be a temp sensor there if there was no EVIC since to my knowledge the temp sensor in question is only used for monitoring external temp. for the purpose of displaying it on an EVIC or some other panel. I could be wrong, but...

Also, ensure that you didn't accidentally short-out the wires leading from the EVIC to your power supply. This could have damaged your BCM. Also, check for blown fuses and replace as needed.

Other than that I am not sure what could have caused the problem....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 08:21 PM
rwt101

Re: EVIC console Help needed!!!

I made up the wire harness ahesd of time and am pretty sure it is not shorted. I did not check any fuses. The # on the temp sensor is the same as the one I bought. I tried both and no difference. I had some one else e-mail me with the same problem. He did not say what year he had. He did say the EVIC he is using is a 2004. If I unplug the temp sensor while the engine is running the check engine light comes on. It may be that they are useing the sensor for something else also.
Bob T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode