First Timers trail ride this Sunday Aug 31 in So-C - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 12:28 PM
skrracing

First Timers trail ride this Sunday Aug 31 in So-C

Hey guys, I know it is short notice but Lost KJ West is doing a First Timers Trail ride this Sunday Aug 31 in Big Bear CA. This trail ride is set up for the first timer that has a stock KJ with no mods yet. Now don't get me wrong... this will not be just driving down a dirt road. This is a great trail and a lot of fun... Please bring a lunch and drinks for the day. I have some extra hand held radios but you might want to bring some extra AA batteries just in case. We will be meeting at the Big Bear Discovery Center in Big Bear at 8 am Sunday morning. Please try and be on time. If you are running late give me a call on the cell phone. If you need my cell phone just drop me an email and I will get it to you. Here is a link to the discovery Center to get directions http://www.bigbeardiscoverycenter.com/ This is a great trip for all you guys that have wanted to go off road but do not have any mods yet. Any one that is modded will also love this trail. You must have 4 wheel drive for this one but it is a great chance for the first time guys to have a great time off roading and to maybe learn a few new off roading things. Please email me if you have questions and if possible please let me know if you have an interest in going so that we do not run off and leave any one. By the way guys...If you have not been on one of our runs yet. We have done around 25 runs...We do not go out to break Jeeps... We are not a hot rod club...We do not run off and leave anyone...and we help out in anyway possible. Hope to see you guys Sunday. Please look for the 2 trail guides KJ's. Wally has the black one and I have the red one...You can't miss us. Later, Clint

Lost KJ West Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 11:10 PM
skrracing

Re: First Timers trail ride this Sunday Aug 31 in So-C

OK guys, you missed another fine run Sunday. We took Atzy1 out for the first time and he had a blast. His Kj is stock now but mods are in the works. He was very surprised where the stock KJ would go. We were out for the entire day, had a great time, no damage, and everyone made it back home safe and sounds. You should try and make the next one. later, Clint
Our club goes on runs every month and a lot of time 2 or 3 times a month.
Lost KJ West Club

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 11:37 PM

Looks like a good trail to start on. I can't hardly wait until I get my jeep. We are thinking now since we can't find a renegade like we like it to just get a patriot blue liberty and then order the light bar and flairs and Jeff will paint them. So what size tires is everyone runing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 02:19 AM
95krawler

hey bootsers, i dont have a kj iv got a yj but was i was doin some wondering. i read in your profile that you have a cj, and chances are its lifted and equipped with real tires (assumption) so will you be planning on lifting the kj when you get it? i always wonder why more people dont lift them. if for no other reason id do it just to make it look more rugged, but i also dont really do anything for just looks on my jeep, its all got to have function. anyhow my friend just got a new renegade and im sure that you will be satisfied with the liberty no matter which model you get, i honestly wouldnt pay the extra $ for factory fog lights and roof rack and the renegade name. i would, like you said, do it myself. just a few thoughts seeya
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 12:30 AM

Yes my hubby drives the '78 cj-5. I am really just looking for a commuter car, but I am really short so I wanted a small SUV. The liberty fits the bill. My hubby though has talked me into needing the 4WD and light bar and flairs.

And yes we will probably be lifting it, I have heard good things about the 2.5" lift kit from daystar. I like the Alcoa wheels that jeep has on the tomb raider edition on the rubicon, so hubby is checking his work to see if he can get those otherwise we are probably going to look at Mickey Thompsons. We will probably end up with BFG all-terrains. But we are going to wait until we wear out the original tires before we do this.

We belong to a jeep club that doesn't go out on too many tough trails so I may be putting around with them on the easy ones with the liberty. It isn't really rocks, but more like hard packed dirt down by the Salton Sea.

I am still trying to figure out how I got talked into all this, but thank you for your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode