Big Bear trail ride June 20-22 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 01:13 PM
skrracing

Big Bear trail ride June 20-22

OK guys, we have a new meeting location. We will all be meeting on Friday and Sat at the following location. Lets meet in the town of Fawnskin at the intersection of "Rim of the World" and "North Shore dr." Please be carefull not to confuse hte street name in a different town. "Rim of the World" runs 30 miles or so so do not get on the wrong street in the wrong town. We will be meeting in Fawnskin. If you are coming up from the LA area or AZ use the I10 and then go North on the 30 frwy. Follow the 30 frwy to the 330 hwy. Stay on the 330 to the 18 hwy. Go east on the 18 hwy towards Big Bear. You will go by a lot of turn-offs to other lakes but just stay on the 18 until you get to the Big Bear dam. You will come to a yeild sign in the road and Big Bear lake will be right in front of you....the road forks at this piont. Go straight (or the left fork) which is North Shore dr. and this will take you to Fawnskin. I think Fawnskin is right at 3-5 miles from the fork in the road. As you come around the big curve in Fawnskin...there is a small public parking area on the left. You will see my little red KJ. It is at the intersection of Rim of the World and North Shore dr. You can buy ice drinks and stuff like that right across the street and there is a bathroom there as well. Friday meeting: I should be at the parking lot around 9-9:30 am. I plan on spending the day there to help get you guys around. We can go out and do a ride that afternoon. I would like to maybe do the ride at 4 pm. If you are planning on coming in after the time we will be out on the ride...here is how to get to the campgrounds. In Fawnskin... turn left at Rim of the World drive...follow Rim of the Would drive and it will turn into a dirt road. The road name then changes to 3N14. Stay on 3N14 and it will take you to the Hanna Flat campgrounds. We will be back in the camgrounds after the ride on Friday afternoon. On Sat....we will all meet at the same parking lot in Fawnskin at 9 am. Please try and be on time. We have a big trail ride Sat picked out and we need to get on the trail. So to just recap.....Friday...anytime of the day and Sat 9 am....both days we will meet at the public parking in Fawnskin at the intersection of Rim of the World and North Shore Dr. If you have any questions please email me. If you want to talk on the phone drop me a message and I will get my phone numbers to you. See you guys Friday or Sat morning. Be ready to have fun and a great trail ride. Fawnskin GPS Coordinates are N34 16.21 W116 56.88 Later, Clint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode