Trails near Los Angeles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 02:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Trails near Los Angeles

Anyone know of some good off-road trails I can take my Liberty on near the Los Angeles area?

I went through Colson Canyon last weekend, but that was 3 hours away...

<<Much Appreciated!>>
[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast

Re: Trails near Los Angeles

I sent you a pm, about some trails in northern L.A.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

this is the best topic ive read here

keep it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 07:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hungry Valley (Gorman,Ca.), Rowher Flats (Acton,Ca.), Shredder Canyon (Lake LA,Ca.), Big Bear (Name speaks for itself, Ca.), Last Chance (Mojave, Ca.), Azusa Canyon (Azusa, Ca.), Cleghorn (Wrightwood,Ca.), Johnson Valley (Johnson Valley, Ca.) Stoddard Wells, (Stoddard Wells, Ca.)

Good Luck,

Robert [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 11:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

There's a group of L.O.S.T. KJ owners who have regular trail rides in socal.Go to kjjeep.com and check out the trail rides section.There's a big bear run scheduled for june if you're interested.
Peace
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 01:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey libby is LOST trail rides limited to KJ's? I live on the opposite side of the country but was wondering if the snob appeal of our little brothers has taken to the trails as well. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], seriously are ya a open trail ride group?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 02:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Absolutely.There are usually a few SWB types along as well.Very friendly group and I doubt seriously if they would turn away any type of rig.Most of the KJ's are modded but a couple are still stock and they always make sure there are trails for every level of driver.Only wish I still lived down there (sort of).Been trying to get the few Norcal KJ's that I know of to do something similar but I really don't have the time to organise stuff like that and not much of a joiner to be honest.I did organise a Hollister run last year but after I gave a little lesson on washout approaches and how to straddle them I think those guys got scared and haven't heard from them since [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Peace
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 11:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Don't know. But if there are any I would imagine they would be chock full of eurotrash, pierced, tatooed and hip hugger wearin' teeny boppers stranded in their lowered, flamed sport compact imports. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Jus kiddin...Jump over to the mid-sized board and ask. I wouldn't say anything about having a KJ (libby) unless you can stand a good ribbin.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 12:41 AM
skrracing

Hey Guys, my name is Clint and I am the guy that puts on the KJ runs out here in So-Cal. We go almost every month and a lot of times twice a month. Our next big run in June the 20-22 in Big Bear CA. We do all levels of trails but most of us have modded KJs and do some of the toughter trails around. We have guys doing Moab, Calico, Big Bear and all sorts of trails. If you have any questions please drop me an email at [email protected] and I will try and help out with all your questions. We do a lot of post at LOST KJ Stuff about our runs. We will have around 20-25 KJs at Big Bear along with 5-10 other jeeps or 4x4s. I will post some more information on our runs here and see if you guys want to join in. We usually try and set the run up for the level the guys want to do. We have done very easy trails but have also made snow runs up John Bull in the winter at Big Bear....Its all what the group is up for. If any of you guys want to make the Big Bear run in June or want to talk about doing other runs just drop me an email message. We are a true club and members of Cal-4-Wheeler. Later, Clint

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 03:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

is or group in the east any? Id like to see these luxury caddys on the trail. Is ur rig the basic setup of ur club? If it is ur going to have to do some mods to run out in the valley. The winch seems low hell my sttock front bumper on my xj with 31's was to low hince it is not theire no more, and the tires, wheres the 30" TSl or MTRS or TAs or KM's? Allterrains get nowhere out here. looking at ur rig and the trails u said u ran those rocks out their must have better grip than I thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode