I received my KJ yesterday OMG please help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I received my KJ yesterday OMG please help

I finally got my Liberty yesterday. I've been waitng for it for 2 long months. I went to check out the skid plates they put in and i noticed that so many parts were RUSTED. I was going crazy because ive had so many problems with this dealer and also found scratches but he said he would do a free compress for me. But i don't know if the rust is normal or not. what do you guys think i should do. I don't no the specific names of the parts because i am just getting into cars but i will describe what i saw:
part that holds springs under the front 2 wheels
metal cylinder type thing towards rear of car on right side (i think its part of the exhaust system). That has spoted rust on it.
long rode that goes from front axel into rear diferential.

Are these parts damages when rusted or are they just parts that get rusted easily. PLEASE HELP [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I received my KJ yesterday OMG please help

new vehicle? return it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanx for your reply, but is it realy possible to return a car. I mean after signing your life away on all those forms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 07:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, but you sound like a troll so see ya.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I was going crazy because ive had so many problems with this dealer and also found scratches but he said he would do a free compress for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Scratches on what, the body, the undercarriage, the skid plates? What the hell are you talking about. Did they have to ship this in from somewhere by ship, if so , I would not be surprised to find parts rusting allready.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 06:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

scratches on body
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 04:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok the thing that goes from the front axle to the transfer case is your front drive shaft. From the transfer case to the rear diff is youre rear drive shaft. Those will always turn a rust color, even though it's just surface and nothing to worry about. My Jeep's rear driveshaft is a rust color. Don't worry about that. I'm not aware of springs UNDER the wheels, but I can figure you're talking about your coil spring suspension that you can see in the wheel well. I don't see how it would rust there, but it's most likely just surface rust, and can be removed with a brillo pad and some rust remover, same with the exhaust pipe, if that's what it is. If cars sit for awhile, rust spots will always form on the discs of the brakes. Those go away after using the brakes, since the pads rub the spots off.

Your undercarriage will always rust, especially if you drive in Michigan like me. They love to salt roads like they're McDonald's Fries. It's something that really can't be avoided. It can be prevented, or reduced, but it will happen. In no way will surface rust reduce the functionality of these parts. If they rust through, which they won't, (except for the exhaust), then you're screwed. Personally I would be raising all hell about the scratches on the body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode