Love the KJ but...
Now that KINGSIZE has come out I feel a little better about discussing what I think about the KJ. All petty and minor nuances mind you.
2003 KJ 4k mi 4X4, Command Trac
1) The front end is out of allignment but am getting it fixed in the morning under warranty.
2) The clock is built into the stereo and shares the dsiplay with the tuner so it's an either or type siutation, Just bugs the hell out of me.
3) No lights in the rear seat area, just in the front and in the rear cargo area. Kids can't read and the wife (ok me too) can't find the groceries if she puts them in the rear seat area.
4) The 03 doesn't have a back window hatch handle (palm handle) for the back glass so when you close it you have to push directly on the glass. The 02 has this plastic peice but they took it off the 03. Why?
5) The window controls and for that matter all the control buttons are located in the worse locations.
6) The front dash doesn't allow much area for any added instruments, rocker switches, etc... (at least not that I can tell).
7) A plastic piece (some sort of access panel) fell out from under the passenger side dash and I can't figure out where it came from and it's a piece about 6" x 12". Will get the dealer to show me where it goes in the morning.
8) The oil filter on the 4X4 is in a terrible location and awfully difficult to get to. A pain in the ass to change especially with the skid plate. I like to change my own oil but this is one I might have to have someone else do.
It's a Jeep, I wouldn't trade for anything else. Looked at quite a few SUVs before I bought.
Sorry, haven't taken it off-road unless you consider the potholes on Houston streets off-roading.
Runs great, nice power plant, looks good, nice ride.
2003 KJ 4k mi
1991 XJ 108k mi