Non parking lot lift pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 06:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Non parking lot lift pics

These pic's were taken on the Coyote/Red Lakes route near Shaver Lake Ca. east of Fresno.the trail is rated easy from the hwy to about a mile in then goes to "more difficult" and "most difficult" as you get close to Red Lake then "most difficult" the rest of the way in to Coyote Lake 4 miles from the trailhead.The pics might not bear this out but it's hard taking pic's of the more difficult obstacles when you're alone on the way in. Quite a few people use this trail apparently as there were at least 4 other vehicles up there. Got alot of comments about the KJ being up there at all. One guy accused me of using a helicopter to fly it in [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I will say my nerfs are scratched to hell and I had to hi-lift off two spots where I took the wrong line (d'oh) but other than that I made it in and out without breakage.Touch up a little rock rash on my rear 1/4 panel,my nerfs and rim edges and I'm good to go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 09:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Non parking lot lift pics

Good pics. Can't seem to post mine what do I do. Help provide proof that the kj is in fact a jeep. thanx
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well the anti KJ thing has toned down alittle so you really don't have all that much to prove to anybody. Sharing your pic's of your KJ would be cool though.You have to have them stored on the web somewhere.then when you copy the properties here you have to preceed the http with [img] and end the addy with [/img] For instance: [img](have to put space here or you won't see example)http:// etc..........jpg[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Veteran

Nice pics
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanx I'll try again. Glad people are beginning to accept the kj as a real jeep.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

where did you buy your nerf bars from,those are really good as in ground clearence wise,the ones I saw hang pretty low compared to those ones on your jeep.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 08:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.offroadgs.com/

Far better than just about any other option IMHO if you're going to take your KJ off road.They're not quite as easy to install as the other types that are simply a skid but the extra effort was well worth it.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 12:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wasn't that people felt the kj wasn't a jeep, just sore that a far better vehicle was not made to take the place of the xj. Although civilain wise the kj is much more mannered in sound proofing, interior, and ride than the best xj. Think about what die hard camaro lovers are going through right now that a truck is replaceing their beloved pony car.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 04:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

so those are super nerfs you put on your kj how hard were they to put on, and how long did it take you.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 04:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Took about 4 hours to do the job.The most tedious part was cutting the flares to fit the nerfs. Cut a little, put 'em up to see how they fit. Cut a little more etc...
An ATV jack like you use for motorcycles and ATV's helped tremendously.Still like I said the extra effort was well worth it especially if the trails you run are tight.
I did a write up on JU about the install. If I can find it when I get home I'll post it here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode