New Renegade in the stable - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 03:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Renegade in the stable

Just thought I would put up a couple of pics of the new addition to the stable. This is the new Renegade, had it for about a month and has just under 3,000 miles on it.

I have to say even with all the negative hype that it is not a "Real Jeep" I still really enjoy driving it. Considering that I also have a '87 Cherokee, a '95 Cherokee, and a '86 CJ-7 I am not really worried about listening to all the bs. I love Jeeps, I own Jeeps, and I drive Jeeps....all Jeeps amd for me having a Jeep product is all that matters, whatever it may be. Hell I even have to Jeep mountain bikes that my wife and I ride regularly. I have a Jeep problem and I don't want any help. SO enjoy the pics. I would alsp like to hear from any KJ owners that have done any mods. I am getting ready to swap in a K&N cone filter in place of the factory air box, as well as a Flowmaster Cat-back system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New Renegade in the stable

is it still under waranty? If so wait till later for the mods.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 08:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nah,DC won't honor the warranty anyways.Just do it. If you look at my parking lot lift pic's you'll see what direction I'm heading in. Just about done with it (yea right [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) Just need to figure out a winch mount and find out if the renegade flares come in the sport trim. They look a little wider to me (wishful thinking ?? ) and I like the exposed bolts. Oh yeah the winch mount and magna flow muffler. And a snorkel can't forget that.A winch mount ,snorkel,magnaflow muffler and hi-lift/shovel/axe mount for my rack. Thats all I need,oh, and the renegade flares. (gryph will throw in "You forgot the SFA" I'd bet money on it [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] )
Oh yeah. Nice lookin KJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SFA would be nice, but I like how you are trying to make do with what the jeep came with. IFS is the wave of the future, rather you spend your money on time and research than me. Hope everybody the best that is adverturous to make a IFS competitive against a SFA. Do like the flares as well, but it is going to take a h'ell of a lift to run a 33 or 35 tire. Make sure they wont honor the warranty, some places do. Hate for you to get in a expensive mess do to something you have read on this board.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah the warranty remark was kinda smartass.Didn't mean to mislead. My local dealer has been good to me when I needed my front struts replaced. Rental car etc...More of a reference to a few problems others are having. I don't think the lift I've installed taxes the CV's at all and I think thats about all that DC could question . I believe the burden of proof would be on them to prove that my 31's (30.6") and lift were the cause of their premature failure if it were to occur.You're right about the extreme lift. Rusty told me his 5.5"lift should allow 35" tires but it isn't out yet and that's too dang high .As it sits the KJ is pretty top heavy to begin with. I have a hard time imagining IFS being truly competetive in a rockcrawling event but it seems to hold its own in normal trail use.Who knows though. longer a arms,custom built slip jointed 1/2 shafts,high angle CV's and long travel shocks..... the mind boggles [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 06:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

5.5 seems low, the xj takes 8" to run 35's. Seem like the xj has at least several inches on you in ground clearance. I was excpecting something like 11 or 12" for 35's.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 06:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

THe real gain i see with a IFS is you can gain alot of ground clearance right through the center of the machine where the differential hits on a SFA, only if you could gain ground travel. Would like to see a Ifs that when lifted with a jack the front tires actual hit each other from where they are just dropping, Same for flex up into the fender. Wonder how many joints a drive axle can have before it is to weak to be of use? The waiting thing I said earlier is that you have a really new vehicle which opens a whole new can of worms for designers of 4x4 parts. Enjoy your warranty, do small trailing, ride around in a awesome looking kj, and save money for the parts that will be out when your warranty expires.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 06:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I love the color of the REnegade. what size rims is stock for that baby?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 04:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

16 inch wheels with 235-70's sitting on it stock, the color is cactus green. So far I have only seen 2 like it on the road. It is a sweet car for the wife, and she even let me four wheel it a little bit already. But this one won't be seeing much off-road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode