why???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep Liberty KJ For discussion of the new, Jeep Liberty "KJ" SUV.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 12:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

why????

First of all trailin or four wheelin or whatever you call it is meant to be fun. You are to enjoy yourself, the rig your in is built up to meet your enjoyment factor. You can buy a good condition xj for under 5 grand, I do't know the sticker on a kj, but it is near if not excess of 30 grand. Look at this difference. Parts are available to modify a xj, parts are now being made to modify a kj. Example I'm on a banked dirt trail lined with trees, my rig slips and i hit the tree against my side. Which vehicle will i be more upset about the 5 grand xj or the 30 grand kj. Why take a kj trailin now so early in their lives when their are wonderful xj that need little modifying to have a wonderful time in, plus to fix damage on a xj is so much easier than on a kj.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 05:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: why????

I agree.

I'm over at a friend's house right now and there's a spankin new one sitting in the driveway. He plans to take it offroad. I don't care how good it is offroad or whatever, here in south Georgia, there's alot of red clay and people DO hit trees. Alot of people hit trees. I wouldn't wheel a new vehicle. But, some people have the cash I guess...

I really came over here to figure out how to put it in 4wd correctly. My buddy is ignorant and I'm afraid he will break it hahahhaa
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 05:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree and i know no one who would intentionally spend 30 grand to ram a tree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Enthusiast

i would rather wheel in a kj than a pathfinder though. hehehe... really though, i think the best part about the kj is the cute girls driving em'.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Addict

$30,000? This isn't a grand cherokee. Base price for 4WD Sport: $18,300. Liberty was designed to be at the same price point as the cherokee.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for clarifiying, I really didn't know the price, but it's still expensive to offraod with when you are just going to tear things up. Mother nature is tougher than sheetmetal.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Enthusiast

... but not stronger than rocker guards & bumpers! (most of the time) Besides, Chicks dig body damage. Hey, they dig KJ's too! Im outta here, off to the dealership with my life savings and a sledgehammer!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll join you steve, and we can pick up some Nsync while we drive down the strip picking up girls. Don't know if damage on a kj comes off like damage on a xj.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Enthusiast

No, Backstreet Boys! or maybe some TRL Compilation! Boy, your fixen to get flipped like a pancake. I'm not sure though, I think a KJ would look good with some wrinkles. Will Someone please roll your KJ for me, My curiosity has been aroused. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 12:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How about I buy a kj, spend money raising it, adding yellow guards front and rear, converting the expensive front end to a solid axle then flip it. I'll even take a pic of me looking at the hunk of twisted metal wishing i hadn't bought the d,amn thing and stuck with my beloved xj's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode