2nd Jeep for me. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

2nd Jeep for me.

Hey guys, I usually frquent the Midsize board, but I might get a FS. It is a 70's Grand Wagoneer, with the 360, D44s, Not sure of the tranny, the hi-low/2-4 wd t-case, cracked frame, for free. I am planning on parting it out, how much should I charge for stuff, I plan on keeping the t-case, maybe the axels (unless I can get beefier ones).

Kevin

<font color=red>No fears, no regrets, just a future with a promise.</font color=red>
<font color=blue>Wrecked my '89 XJ</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 05:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2nd Jeep for me.

Should be the TH400 tranny if it's an auto
Should be the T-15A if its the manual
You said it had 2wd-4wd/4lo so I'm assuming it's a manual so it should be a Dana 20 T-Case versus most of the autos that would have the Quadratrac Borg/Warner 1339 which would be full time 4wd.

Axles. D44s are better than the D35s if that's what your thinking for your XJ or a future CJ, but if you want super you would want to find a J-20 series truck with the D60s or some GM 14 bolts (1 ton) for the discs on all fours from a K-3500 (from which you could also get the NP205 t-case).

$$ wise, I would jump over to the IFSJA website (IFSJA.ORG) and post that you are parting it out in the For Sale section.

Hope that helps
Phil

Phillip J. Van Why
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Re: 2nd Jeep for me.

Thanks, I will post on that board too. I went this weekend and saw it for a few minutes. The body is crap, great tan interior (vinyl), 360 does not run but shouldn't need much, everything else is good (drivetrain). I might keep the t-case, but everything else is for sale while it lasts.

Kevin

<font color=red>No fears, no regrets, just a future with a promise.</font color=red>
<font color=blue>Wrecked my '89 XJ</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode