Front disk brake help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 02:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Front disk brake help

I have a Dana 44 front axle out of a 1989 Grand Wagoneer under my Wrangler. I just finished the swap and when I hit the brakes at speed I get a pulsation throught the pedal and I am assuming the rotors are warped. Question is how do I replace the rotors, when I redid the bearnings in the front it seemed like the rotor and hub were one piece, however the local autoparts store has just the rotor without the hub. How do I take these apart in order to replace the rotor or is the autoparts place showing me the wrong thing. I need help so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 01:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Front disk brake help

i take it u dint make an inspection of the d44 b4 ur install to familurize urself with its construct..eh?

the rotor does seperate from the hub. u must drive out ea of the studs to seperate the 2.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 08:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you read my original post you will notice that I did do that, it is the parts availability that is confusing me, I completely disassembled the dana 44 and redid all the races and bearings, along with new calipers and and pads, so yes I am familiar with its construction, however the auto parts place wants to sell me the rotors only and to me it looked like the rotor and hub were all one piece, if these two things are pressed together that it would be really hard to see on axles that are 11 years old. Maybe someone who has replaced the rotors before can help me out rather than someone who doesnt know either heckling me!!

Kris

I do the same thing every weekend, its just the location where I do it that changes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 05:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know it looks like a 1 piece but it is not.The rotor goes on behind the hub and is held in with the studs.Knock out the studs(always replace them with new ones),and tap off the rotor towards the rear.hope this helps.scoutgrl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode