Power Steering - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2000, 10:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Power Steering

I have got a power steering setup from an '82 waggy and I am going to install it in my '67. I relized it was time after today when I got stuck in the sand and tried to turn the wheel and with 32X11.50 tires it did not work to well and I bent the steering linkage all to h*ll. What I need to know is what brakets do I need to mount this the pump to my V8 327 vigilante? The pump came off of a '82 with a 258 straight 6. I took all the brakets from that engine but I am not sure if they will work or not. The steering box will mount right up with no problem (I hope). I will take any help that anyone can give. Thanks.

Porkchop

Semper Fi do or Die
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2000, 01:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Power Steering

this is another reason i was promted to replace the 327 in my 6 wag with a GM engine. wilst on the trail some years ago, the PS pump froze, and it was 'armstrong' steering the rest of the day. the 327 pump is call a 'thompson' pump. very expensive to replace. i was able to mount a saginaw pump, but it was soo long ago that i fail to remember the procedure. it boiled down to fabrication on the spot.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2000, 03:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Power Steering

The pump and the box are from an 82 I am pretty sure that it is a saginaw. I just need brakets to mount the pump onto the engine. I also need to change the pulley if this can be done. I love this 327! I know that it is hard to find parts for but I love a good challenge. It has allot of hp and torque. So I am going to keep it until it breaks. thanks for the help.

Semper Fi do or Die
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode