D60 FSJ questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

D60 FSJ questions

Hello there good jeep folks.. i have several questions i am hoping someone can help me out with. first... i have a d60 from a 1962 gladiator, has the 5 on 5 and half lug pattern.. non-floater.. 35 spline, am looking for the bearing and race part number? what to do about the drum brakes? they are 12x2, and i need new drums.. is there an alternate drum out there i can use, ie. dodge, ford? how about the a disk brake conversion? pinion and diff bearing part numbers?
sorry to ask this.. but our local auto parts stores cant seem to find this out for me.. or it is alittle on the expensive side. thanx a bunch.

survival is instinct, but living takes guts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 08:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Gladiator ?\'s

1962?? gladiators werent sold as 62 models..only as 63 on up models.
d60?? only the semi float d53 was used till 70, when the 60 came out.

no drums listed in my books either. the best bet is to get the rear FF diff from a later j20. or a semi float from a j3000 or 4000

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11-370-TopOfHill.jpg (29.7 KB, 17 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

ok... cool. this helps alittle.. i will say it is a d60, is in the casting. now the guy i got all these parts from is what he told me. mmmm.. i didnt see it together. he torched it pretty good. it has the same brakes as the d44 that was in the front. i do know the 360 wasnt that old.. looks mid 70's.. mm.. is there a way to figure what this axle is.. what year? and so forth.. i know its a d60-2 i think is what they call them. semi floater. 5 lugs, 35 spline.
anthing on this d53 will help also? sorry for all these questions.. i am mostly a cj man.. and this is my first dealings with a fsj.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2000, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

do u have the current bearings and races??? if u do, then urll have to remove them and find their ID#s and them x reference them at the parts place. the grease seal shood have a part # on it also. there is a SN# stamped on the rear face of the P side diff tube. scrape off all the crud and copy this # down when u go to get parts. it is called the 'bill of material' #...

UR WELCOME

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11-404-TopOfHill.jpg (29.7 KB, 27 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

AWESOME!!! thanx kenny... will do and let you know.. if you care to.. but thanx anyways.. i have it down to a 72-76 jeep truck.. hehehe.. and i will cross those numbers and then post the info.. incase someone else would like them.. thanks again

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

ok i now have it down to a 71-74 jeep half ton truck.. and limited j4000's
got there by.. the 360, they didnt come out until 71, then they switched to 6 lug in 75 and mine is 5 lug. also the dana 60-2 semi floater came as a option for the jeep half tons.. standard was the 44. and the 3/4's and up had full floaters.. and the 53 was used until 69 i think... the dana 60-2 came stock with 4.10's with an option 4.88's... god knows why.. and they are the 30 and 35 spline option as well.... thanks .. i am getting the serial number tuesday.. and crossing it.. along with everything else.. i will post the numbers on here in case anyone would like them.. thanks again guys..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode