what year fsj will suit my needs? what years had what and which one had part time t cases - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2000, 11:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what year fsj will suit my needs? what years had what and which one had part time t cases

i have a cj7 with a 360 and i want to replace my 360 t/g 904 (came out of a fsj year ??) 1 so i have a spear 2 a can take take my leasure and rebuild the motor, also in the tf 904 it has a high speed tourqe converter that i want to run a stock one,
what is the deal with the quadratech t cases?
i want the part time system right? did the full time quadratech have a th350 or did it have a 904
any help is apprecitaed!!
there is a few fsj in my area that i can pick up for a song i just want to buy the right one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 11:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what year fsj will suit my needs? what years had what and which one had part time t cases

the full-time quadratracs from '73-'79 were only available behind the TH400. they have a 2.57:1 bolt-on low-range option. They can also be converted to part-time. Properly maintained, it's a stout case. compare it to other chain drives, especially the chain size. Stick shift FSJ's had the dana 20, some early Wags had a dana 21 single speed (yuck). '80 and later FSJ's had TF trannys with NP 208 or 219 transfer cases. Never had any experience with these NP cases but from what I hear on the board, stay away from them.
Chris

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 12:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what year fsj will suit my needs? what years had what and which one had part time t cases

MAN THIS IS SOO TYPICAL.
u go out and buy this cute looking cj so u can be IN with ur group only to discover that it cant wheel unless u do ALOT of work to it. which means u go out and find an FSJ, that DOES have what it takes to wheel in the FIRST place, and scavenge IT for parts!!!
u AHs r pathetic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 05:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

kenny
are you done?
are you sure you are done bithin and moaning??
look i already have a pretty well built rig already with a 360
i am not sure if u leave your back yard or not??, but i know i do, so it is going to take a built rig, regardless if it fullsize of not, i.e. did your ride come with soa? no so what did you do to it?? I call it making a soa which is a modification , the cjs have advantages thats why i have one, not to say that a full size jeep is not good, its that the cj7 has that much more potiental, the trails that i ride on ABSOULTLY no fullsize jeep will fit in, and the ones that are marginal trails, be prepared for complete body damage, (i saw my friend total his truck, denting every piece of metal on the truck and still could not make it were my cj could cause of the trees in the way) ( i had no body damage ). look i have a j10 pick up that i have used off roading, it was great!!!! the places that i wheeled with it but has too many limitaions for my needs!! MAYBE NOT YOUR AREA!
83 cj7 with 40s :P and a slew of mods just like a Soa

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

T case Chart hope it is readable

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11-354-diagram1.JPG (39.8 KB, 40 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 12:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks guys for all those who HELPED!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 12:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Kenny,I learned years ago not to buy a CJ[I drove my brother's and worked on it a lot], so when it came time to buy my first Jeep, it was a FSJ. After making the necessary repairs because of neglect,it is the most dependable vehicle I own.Nothing like learning from other's screwups.

Gorgeous George<font color=blue>
Jus'luvJeep'n[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]<font color=red>
ASE MASTERTECH<font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 11:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just remember; JEEPS ARE BUILT, NOT BOUGHT.

BRADCO JEEPS
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 12:10 PM

what if you bought a built Jeep? Like the one I'm looking at that I mentioned in the "Wagoneer QT Hi-Low Question" post...? Just in case you didn't read it:
SOA on the font, 3" blocks in rear, 3" body lift, 34.14.5 Thornbirds (yuck), 360, Th400(?), QT-case. D44 front and rear. (They "only" want $600 obo, which leaves me happy, but wary)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode