fsj rockcrawler toy questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-25-1999, 08:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

fsj rockcrawler toy questions

I have finally given up on my willys, too small and too much work, after perusing the truck ads and contemplating my wants (the heck with needs, who really needs a 4x4 anyways?) I have settled on a fullsize j series truck. I plan to modify a lot so the starting point is not too important but I want an idea of what I am getting myself into, first does anyone know the spring spacings front and rear? I plan on fullsize dodge axles, dana60 front in spring over and dana70 rear in same, can you do a shackle flip in the rear to make up the ride height? will that spring over and some serious fender trimming (hacking) fit 38 inch swampers? how hard is it to get performance parts for the stock v-8's?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-27-1999, 05:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: fsj rockcrawler toy questions

go to this place
get on the mailing list
and ask the same Qs.

www.off-road.com/~ifsja

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-29-1999, 11:05 AM
TEX

<font color=purple> I've got a friend selling a '64 Gladiator shortbed in nice shape with a swapped in 460 (actually 472" & it's fresh), 44/9", 4.88's, & new 38.5X16" Swampers. He wants $6,000 U.S. & is in Missouri. Can probably get pics if you're interested. Doesn't sound too far from what you're wanting - other than the axles & maybe the blue oval under the hood. </font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-29-1999, 01:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First place to check for a FSJ that has those axels already and will fit those tires with NO MODIFICATIONS is the M715zone. You can swap in a 360 or 401 with standard J-truck parts, and if you know the right people, you can get a 401 to have 500 ft/lbs of torque on pump gas. The M715 was made between '67 and '69 and is the beefiest Jeep ever to come out stock (5/4 ton truck). True, it did have the 230 SOHC in-line 6, but there is no reason not to keep it all Jeep with a later AMC/Jeep V8. They BOLT IN! You can find the M715zone thru FSJ or AMC webrings, and check their links and classifieds to find one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode