86 Wag project + FI - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2001, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

86 Wag project + FI

I've got and 86 Wag that's getting an engine rebuild this week. We're adding Holley fuel injection. Already added 3" mild lift & 31's, true dual exhaust, tranny rebuild, sweet sound system. I'm going to be a dad in about 6 weeks so this is going to be a daily driver/tote the kid and dogs around/camping/occasional off road/ prepared for anything machine.
Other plans include spray-liner for entire floor, recover or replace seats (if anyone knows good aftermarket replacements), new paint(probably a dark green & leaving off the wood), new roof rack, MSD ignition (or other if reccomended), on-board air comp & power inverter, aux battery, GPS, tubular steel bumpers (got a guy making these in stainless), get the frigging rear window assembly working right, install 33 gal. fuel tank (ordered from Aero in CA), replace headliner, noise dampening and heat shield all around.
Would like to update some of the guages w/ digital and add some modern amenities. Need weatherstriping and window channel, source for power window track tape. Trying to upgrade and update wherever possible. Not going for a off-road toy but reliable, better than stock, daily driver. Appreciate anybody's input or advice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2001, 09:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 86 Wag project + FI

Howdy!

I just ripped all the carpet out of my '76 Waggie. Pretty happy about. Get to see the condition of the floor boards. I'm going to try and get it rhino-lined this week.

I'm also looking for seats for the truck. I think recovering them would be about the cost of a new seat. So... I've got a running question on IFSJA.org if anyone knows of easy swap seats out of other vehicles. I hate fabricating stuff. I tried it for my 59 CJ5 and I'm just not that good...

http://www.davidallenracing.com/cherokee.htm This guy has a pretty cool interior. I think I'm going to take some tips from him and duplicate. I like the door insert replacement thingies, and what he's done with guages. I'm going to just start from scratch with guages, I think...

Keep us up to date!

jason thomas france
http://www.jasonthomasfrance.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 12:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 86 Wag project + FI

Hey, I was searching the forum for 'fuel injection' and came across your post. I am considering a Holley system for my 84 wag. How did yours turn out? Do you know the model of the Holley system you used??
Thanks!

P.S. How's bein' a Dad?

'84 GW
'93 Wrangler
Houston
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode