Full Size Question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Full Size Question

Hello, I found a 1976 Cherokee for sale near by. Its got the 360 CI Engine, 400 Auto Tranny, don't know what t-case and axels, 33x12.5 ATs What would the gas mileage be estimated to be? It also comes w/ some 33x14 Boggers, needs floorboard work, $1800.

Kevin

<font color=red>No fears, no regrets, just a future with a promise.</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 09:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Full Size Question

should be the Quadratrac full time 4WD, Danas all around. Look under the driver's seat right next to the transmission hump to see if it has the HI/N/LOW lever, also, look in the glove box for the Emergency Drive Selecter for the QT.
My '77 Wagoneer got 8-10mpg, so does my '85. Some guys claim that they get 13-16mpg with better intakes/carbs/etc.
What type of lift is on it? If it's a quality lift like Rusty's, Skyjacker etc. with full spring replacment and the interior and exterior are in superb shape and its got some major engine work done to it recently, I would pay that much for it. IMHO, If it's rusting, interior's rough, and he's got blocks in the rear instead of full spring replacement and the motor's stock with 100K+ I would offer $1k just because it has the tires and you will only have to replace part of the lift (hopefully). Just my .02

Take nothing but pictures . . . Leave nothing but big tracks in the mud and paint on the rocks and trees . . . Kill nothing but time and shackles and an occasional rod or two . . .
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2001, 10:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My 86 Wag gets 9-12mpg. It's getting Holley fuel injection this week so we'll see what happens w/ milage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2001, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I get 11 MPG as she sits.... not bad for 39.5's with 4.89 gears.... She got 10 MPG before I lifted her and with the OEM 3.54's.

Sound ok.... just how much rust are we talking about on the floors.... Flinstone style or what?

78 Wagoneer

14" total lift
4.89's/Lockers/39.5" Swampers
http://home.earthlink.net/~tjnkk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode