84 Grand Wagoneer for sale - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 06:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

84 Grand Wagoneer for sale

Hello,

There is a brown 84 Grand Wagoneer for sale next door. It has the wood panel stripped off. Under the engine it's got a bit of wet oil (all over engine bottom). The gentleman said he "disabled" the four wheel drive by rerouting the vacuum lines. He said when he got it, it would pop out of gear. So he reran some vacuum lines for just the rear axle. All the electrical pretty much works. Smokes when it starts and runs for a while (white smoke). Headliner is tore out. Only topical rust.

Can these FSs be body lifted? It looks like it has a home body lift. it has old cracking 31x10.15 and two lugs are missing from the driver rear 6lug axle.

He wants 1400

Any thoughts, things to ask, things to look for, etc?

thank you

jason thomas france
http://www.jasonthomasfrance.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 07:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 84 Grand Wagoneer for sale

sounds like it needs quite a bit of work. worse case senario . . . engine rebuild, tranny rebuild, transfer case rebuild . . . etc. I wouldn't pay more than $800.00 for it. It's not really reliable transportation and with what you've got to put into it I would offer him $500.00. Right now there is an '84 on ebay that is in super shape, great running condition and its listed at $2000.00. Don't get me wrong . . . it's a great builder, I wouldn't have anything else . . . it just sounds like a unique fixer-up opportunity.

Yes, they do offer body lift kits, I haven't got one myself but some of the other guys have.

It seems like you looked at the motor, did you check the tranny fluid or differential fluids? What kind of condition is the rest of the interior in? The power windows, seats, locks, mirrors etc.? Especially look at the power rear window, they are a PITA if they break . . . and they all break it seems.

Should be the AMC 360/TF 727/NP 229 engine/tranny/transfer case set-up with Dana 44F front, AMC 20 rear.

Hope that helps

Take nothing but pictures . . . Leave nothing but big tracks in the mud and paint on the rocks and trees . . . Kill nothing but time and shackles and an occasional rod or two . . .
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 08:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I didn't look at the oil, tranny fluid, brake fluid, nor the steering fluid... I know know... I was thinking of other things, crawling underneath it, poking things, smelling the exhuast while looking at the bumper... I'll have to stop in tomorrow and look some more.

Thanks for the tips. I'm thinking 700-900...

jason thomas france
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 11:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh yeah... Bought two jeeps for 1500. Bought a 76 Wagoneer and with it came a parts Waggie!

Pictures on their way!

jason thomas france
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode