79 chero dies at 45 part 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 11:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

79 chero dies at 45 part 2

Subject 79n cherokee still dies at 45
Posted by DonFron (stranger in a strange land)
Posted on 8/16/01 04:57 PM
From IP 132.233.247.6
Okay folks.... here it goes again.........
I own a 1979 Jeep Cherokee S, freshly rebuilt 360 freshly rebult 400 th, brand new Carter afb 4 bbl, new Edelbrock performer intake, new BFGoodrich 33" MTA's, new 4 inch suspension lift, new 2" inch body lift, new fuel pump, new poly gas tank all new rubber filler hoses and vent lines to and from gas tank, new fuel filters.

No vent lines are kinked to charcoal canister or elsewhere.

Replaced PCV valve (internals of old one still moved freelyand Fuel filters again. Replaced exhaust manifold flange gaskets. The drivers side was blown out! (possible heat source right against fuel lines Boiling gas?) also took 5/16 fuel line sliced it an jacket fuel lines wherever it got closed to intake/ exhaust manifolds.

questions,

1)should I consider replacing Charcoal canister a good idea and cost associated with that? Any body-ever cut one open what the heck is inside can you tell anything by the inside condition (autopsy)

2) will the rubber fuel hose around the steel lines help or hinder? sources for fuel line jacketing I have heard about?
3) can someone who has relocated fuel lines to avoid exhaust manifolds give me more info on that.. how you routed it, did you tube bend your self or was there some other model fuel lines you used. thanks.

will be a few more days before I can test it on highway trip for at least 1 hour of driving with 109 degree afternoon / day.

thanks to every one for your help hopefully I have got it with the exhaust flange gaskets and fuel line insulating.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 79 chero dies at 45 part 2

Let us know how it comes out.

Take nothing but pictures . . . Leave nothing but big tracks in the mud and paint on the rocks and trees . . . Kill nothing but time and shackles and an occasional rod or two . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode