Value of '86 GW w/Select-Trac - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Value of \'86 GW w/Select-Trac

I've found an '86 Grand Wagoneer with Select-Trac. I checked the front axle- no vacuum crap! Needless to say, I was thrilled. That means its got what, a 360/TF-727/NP-228/D44s front and rear? It is red with peeling woodgrain and tan interior- the seats look to be in good condition even [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]. The carpet is nasty tan shag that needs to be replaced. The body doesn't seem to have much rust, although the rain rail is bondoed full. A couple wooden wedges hold up some windows.

Make it up as you go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 07:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Value of \'86 GW w/Select-Trac

85-86 with 360 should be AMC 11" something rear Dana 44F front, otherwise, yeah. If you want I can find it in my factory manual. Let me know. Windows aren't too fun to work on but should be the little white plastic tracks that are busted $14.00 dealer stock item. Make sure you check the power rear window . . . switch $60.00 . . . motor $50.00 to $360.00. Rear defrost is nice if it works. Also, check the front timing cover to see if it has cracked.

Take nothing but pictures . . . Leave nothing but big tracks in the mud and paint on the rocks and trees . . . Kill nothing but time and shackles and an occasional rod or two . . .
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 11:37 AM

if its legal and safe to run and drive, its worth from $800-$3000

if it doesnt run or isnt legal to title, then under $800 usually way under $800

a buddy bought one for parts last year, he gave $300 for it, it ran fine, but didnt have reverse.

typically rusty, but it had a sunroof.

it really just depends, on alot of things, its worth whatever it sells for to whomever pays that.
hehe

OzarkJeep

"Bare foot girls, dancing in the moon light..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2001, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Funny thing around here, I rarely find Grand Wagoneers, Wagoneers, or Cherokees with AMC 20s. They all seem to have dual D44s. Maybe its a southern thing. Ah well, if my friend can scrape together some cash, this would be a kickin platform to start from....

Make it up as you go.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 08:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I payed $350.00 for my '85; it had a cracked block. I dropped the 360 out my '77 Quadratrac into it. Cheap way to get P/W, P/L, Power Seats, AC, Cruise, and the carpet? . . . chicks dig the shag.

Take nothing but pictures . . . Leave nothing but big tracks in the mud and paint on the rocks and trees . . . Kill nothing but time and shackles and an occasional rod or two . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode