85 Grand Wagoneer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 08:39 AM
Carey

85 Grand Wagoneer

OK Just bought an 85 Grand Wagoneer. Actually bought it as a parts vehicle but may fix it and keep it. Where can I find a colorcoded wiring diagram. The previous owner took out the 360 and put in a 304. For some reason he did not unplug everything. He cut a bunch of wires and stuck them back together and taped them up. He didn't even put the compressor back in there. Guess that is why I got it so cheap. I can't get power to the main fuse box. We can get the engine to turn over if we short across the solenoid, but of course it will not start since there is no power to ANYTHING. I can't even roll up the windows. The battery is good. I believe it is just in the main wiring harness under the hood the goes down the passenger side to the battery, alternator, etc. Any help???

Also is there anyone out there selling replacement factory seat covers or other such parts for FSJ's? Also the tilt steering is a little sloppy.

Carey Smith
71 (C101)Jeepster Commando
97 (TJ) Wrangler
95 Bronco
Middle Tennessee Trail Runners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 12:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 85 Grand Wagoneer

find a Haynes manual at your local autoparts store, will have scematics, not in real color but you shoul get to understand it pretty fast, some of it will be confusing but on my parts jeep it had about half of it wires cute and I just too in with some electrical tap and wire cutters and had it done in under an hour..... hope this helps

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:17 PM
Carey

Re: 85 Grand Wagoneer

I have the Haynes but it does not show the complete schematic like a service manual does. It helped get part of the wiring straight but not all of it. I still need some help. I'm swapping this motor with the SSI ignition over to another Jeep so I want to make sure I wire it up correctly. Anyone out there have a service manual they can scan and email the entire schematic for me, or fax me a copy?

Carey Smith
71 (C101)Jeepster Commando
97 (TJ) Wrangler
95 Bronco
Middle Tennessee Trail Runners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode