Wagoneer Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 02:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wagoneer Lift

I'm a river runner and local rock crawler(kinda), and my jeep wagoneer only has a 2" lift with 30" bfg a/t tires, I'm looking to upgrade my lift and tires for better river action and I'm swaping my 2.5l for a v6 2.8l, any sugestions,tips,advice, or places to shop ? Ask me questions, I know my jeep inside and out, I also need some info on stering boxes, as I seemed to have jared my loose when I hit a bog and had to be pulled....... Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 11:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wagoneer Lift

It sounds as if this is a small wagoneer, correct???? If so just how high do you want to go?? They only offer 3" kits($400.00 or so) for the small wagoneers with 31" tires maybe 32", unless you jump up to the 6" kit ($1,500.00 or so). We have done the 3" kits and then add spacers and shackles to achive 4.5" of total lift. I think the total bill installed was just less than a grand. Hope fully this will help you some. Feel free to call us or drop a note, Ben

http://www.jeep-shop.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 11:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Who in thier right mind drives a little wagon on the sugar sand and mud bogs :-P .. Nah, I drive a FSJ, xj model wagoneer. I managed to find an 8" lift from Rock Ready, but after seeing some of them mods needed to gears and such I held myself back. I guess I gonna go for 4" trailmaster lift and 33" dia. tires too, just enough lift and aggresive tread to play with the big boys and the presidents of the local offroad clubs ( I beat Bob Thomsan this morning, he being the president of the bigest, most redneck oriented mud racing club, shame too, cause I spent 3 hours helping dig his heavy rig out of a bog and pulling it) , But I am now looking for a rear swingaway bumper to hold a fullsize spare,shovels and a hi-jack, any clues ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 10:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just seemed a little confusing for you to be doing a swap that is a v-6 in a FSJ and the XJ being the small cherokee. Any ideas?????

http://www.jeep-shop.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 12:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

quite correct Jpshp. xj wags are NOT FSJs...FSJs are SJ wags, and NEVER had I4s or v6s...onlyI6s and v8s... hey matt, the tail gate on ur wag...does it swing UP or DOWN??? not the glass, the whole tail gate...

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 12:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok ok , your right, it's not an FSJ, (missed it by 5 inches according to specs) and the tailgate swings up,BUT !!, I still consider it fullsized as I use alot of FSJ parts , a hybrid , if you will....hehe BTW I can retro fit my ford mav l6 to fit, with ease, Think that would be a good idea ? my dad mentioned it and, well..........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode