i have my choice of virtually any year waggy for a chassis/drivetrain donor to go under my 72 commando.
so, i have no idea what the pros/cons of the different years are.
i'll be stickin' a mopar
v8 into it eventually, so the 360 doesn't need to be the best emmissions/powered year or anything.
i will probably pull the rear end for an isuzu rodeo disc braked d44, which is centered and around 57" wide.
1) WHAT YEARS HAD THE 58"?? WIDE AXLES?
2) ARE THE 58"?? WIDE AXLES ALL OFFSET CENTERS?
3) DOES THE OFFSET CENTER MEAN A CENTERED D44 WON'T WORK?
4) ANY BETTER T-CASES IN DIFFERENT YEARS?
5) OH, CRAP...MODERN ONES ARE FULL-TIME 4X4 AREN'T THEY? is that so bad? that might work better since my wife'll be drivin' it.
6) ANY LATE MODELS (UP TO 89)HAVE OVERDRIVE TRANNIES AND NARROW AXLES?
i know it's a lot. thanks for your help.