2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Starts and Stalls - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 12:49 PM
bss802

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Starts and Stalls

Hello and good day people;
2004 Jeep grand Cherokee, 4.0.
Here's the scoop. I put my key in the ignition and turn to the on position and no guages come up. the vehicle starts and stalls. My windows will not work, and when i try to unlock the electric locks from the drivers door it only unlocks the drivers door. My Display above is cleared of all info. I put by OBDII scanner on and scanned for codes and got the all clear sign. During the time i had the tool plugged in my guages came up and the vehicle started. During my drive home all guages went back down but jeep seems to be running ok, no speedo, no tach, no oil press, no gas, wt heck is goin on? So i decide to scan the vehicle while it is running and i get code P1686. My scanner tells me it's "Mfg Controller, Auxiliary inputs and outputs, i look on-line for code P1686 and it says "Driver 5, Line 6" Whatever that means. I do not have a second key, to eliminate that possibility with the anti theft thingy. When i use the remote to unlock the doors it does not unlock drivers door, and lights do not come on when i open the door. I do not have remote start. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.
Bob Out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Starts and Stalls

You may want to post this on the Mid Size Jeep forum. You'll most likely get a lot more answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode