For-sale posts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

For-sale posts

A member asked in a PM for help controlling for-sale posts from people who aren't material contributors to the board. As you might guess we (Dirt Dog and I) don't check in on the mid- and full-sized boards regularly because they very rarely have problems.

We'd be glad to set up a for-sale sticky like we have in the SWB board if that's what you want. Don't think that it will completely solve the problem though; they will still post there as their first post, and will still start a new thread with a for-sale ad. About once a week we have to handle a for-sale from someone who isn't qualified to post one.

What I think has worked best for the SWB board is a two-part approach to those who put up obnoxious for-sale posts, whether on the for-sale thread or as a new thread:

1 Flame the crap out of the guy for not reading the "Read this first" post where for-sale post rules are mentioned.

2 Tell me or DD about the offender and we'll mess up his post by removing his return address, locking it, banning him, or some other nasty tricks we have, depending on the severity of the offense.

If you guys would like a stand-alone sticky for-sale, run a little poll to prove it, and we'll be glad to do it. But you will still have to inform us when the rules are violated.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: For-sale posts

I was just looking at this site to see where the F/S section might be. I am not a regular contributor to this BBS but am on the Jeepster site.
I am looking for a front NT 44 from an early Waggy, hopefully in the Southeast USA. Any help locating one would be appreciated.
Thanks,
RQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode