Axle or T-case swap!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Axle or T-case swap!!!!

I have decided to buy an 86 wagoneer from a friend of mine and its rough around the edges so I decided to make it a trail rig since I gave the Scrambler to the wife.
I have a set of 3/4 ton axles out of a 79 chevy truck, 10 bolt front and 14 bolt rear. I just took a quick look at the waggy and forgot to look at what side the transfer case dropped on the front. Im thinking it was the driverside which makes this a transfer case issue more than an axle issue. It suppose to have the 727 tranny so what kind of t-case options should I look for. I have a NP205 and a D20 in the garage. Im suppose to pick it up tomorrow if all goes well after the mud run tonight!!!! Its got a lot of good trim pieces if anyone might want them. He removed all the trim from it to salvage to someone who might need it. the body isn't all that rough, just some of the typical rust areas and the interior got a little trashed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Re: Axle or T-case swap!!!!

I geuss I will reply to myself incase someone in the future may want to do the same swap. I found that you can use a Dodge NP208 that is allready mated to a 727 tranny. Its suppose to have the same bolt pattern and the same spline count. Late70's to 80's dodge trucks with the 727 tranny and 208 cases. They say one of the sides of the case is a little blocky compared to the tail housing of the tranny and if it bugs you to just round it off! not an issue for me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode