which is it? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 07:12 PM
kevinb

which is it?

I have a 1979 "Cherokee Wagoneer". It is a full size 4 door wagon with a 258 6 cylinder engine and part time 4 wheel drive. Are there any parts available for this? What do I look for, Cherokee or Wagoneer?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 01:45 PM

Re: which is it?

Cherokee, Wagoneer is the trim option.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 05:53 PM
mattgilbert

I have a 78 J10 and I've found that as far as body parts go, anything works. I have the front end from a 76 wagoneer on my truck, the swap was really easy. I also have a driverside door from a 79 wagoneer (by the way I don't know the difference between a cherokee and a wagoneer, but neither do the people at the junkyards, Just ask them to take you to the jeep section and start looking for similar peices, often times I've found that if it looks like it fits, it probably does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:14 PM
soundwve

The 258ci I-6 was an option in almost ALL AMC Jeeps and cars. I added a 2bbl intake (to a '76 Cherokee I owned years ago) from a 1985 AMC Eagle sedan. Only the emissions equipment was different. The T-18 was also used by Ford, in the F-100 and F-150s. The Dana 20 was used in ALL the '83 and older Jeeps at one time or another. The sheetmetal will interchange from '74 to '83, and some '73s will also.
Jeep is the make, Cherokee is the model, and Wagoneer is the trim option package. A 1983 Cherokee could not get power leather seats, tinted windows, or a factory tow hitch AT NO COST. A/C, cruise, tilt steering, premium sound (such as it was), power windows, power seats, V-8, auto, and Selec-Trac (New Process 229) were STANDARD on the Wagoneer. The Cherokee buyer would have paid about $3,800.00US for these features!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode