axle swap for 77 wagoneer? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 04:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

axle swap for 77 wagoneer?

Howdy all. I have a 1977 wagoneer with the fulltime 4 wheel drive and would like to convert to "real" 4 wheel drive with locking hubs. I found an older wagoneer in near perfect condition with a great looking drive train from transfer case to axles and I can get the whole assembly for 200 bux!!! Only problem is I don't know the year or if it really even matters. Would the axles and trnasfer case from the older wagoneer bolt right into my 77? Both jeeps have the 360 with auto trans btw. Also curious if basically all the parts from one year will fit all other years or if they're pretty specific and how to determine what year the jeep is?. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: axle swap for 77 wagoneer?

The axals will swap no prob. Sence the older one has a 360 it's prety much a 73 or newer and you shouldn't have any problems swapping parts. For $200 I'd do it if you are getting the hole thing.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 11:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: axle swap for 77 wagoneer?

Thank you!! I wanted to know ASAP because there is another guy looking but guess who's gonna beat him to it [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] On a side note how strong would the transfer case be in the "donor" jeep? opions on it's strength and durability welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode