Best Stuck or Unstuck story - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 07:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best Stuck or Unstuck story

so i keep reading about everyones problem's with their full sizes and i want to hear how all theses happen. Hey i am not one to look to for help but i do enjoy it when i have a questiona and everyone can pitch in to help me out.
So for that reason i am going to start a little story post going
my best stuck story was after i put a 3inch lift on my '89 comanche and took it offroad for a test drive. Well i was flying down the path and i had to go up and to the right over some uprooted roots in loose sand. Well i have enough power, but only having a 2wd truck doesn't help in the sand [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] and i took the turn too tight and got hung up on a tree stub but i got out pretty quick. Even though i am still to fix the monster dent and fix the side door so it can open i have no problem taking the truck offroad.

Best unstuck story is helping my buddy with his gmc sonoma 4x4 he got stuck in some realy deep mud and couldn't move. Well me only having 2wd and no lift at the time was like na can't be done.. but i gave it a try. After about 5 or 6 minutes going into different locations so not to get stuck i got him out and from then on i have had the bug to do it again

So everyone should share there best stuck and unstuck story 'casue some of them are so so very funny

ok take it easy and try not to be in someone elses unstuck story hahah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 11:19 PM
95krawler

Re: Best Stuck or Unstuck story

well im on my second wrangler, but my best story was one day my friend (unlifted, all terrian tires, 4wd, 4.0 v6 ford explorer) was following me on a trail i had found a day or 2 before. i had a 92 wrangler 2.5 liter 3 in lift and 31 inch bfg mt's, no tow hooks on my jeep or friends explorer. we go down this VERY steep hill, he bottomed out bigtime but his center of gravity was far enough forward to let him tilt on his frame down hill till the back tires made contact with the ground again lol. anyhow he gets down the hill and im way infront of him, its all rutted up by much bigger tires and differentials etc, and its was really muddy in the ruts since it had rained that day. i look back and just see him sitting still with mud flying everywhere and im just like oh shoot!! so i try not to get stuck in these ruts all over the place and eventually get back to him. he for some reason had some chains in the back so we were like ok well get out of this one pretty easily [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] turns out he had bottomed out his frame again with his little 29 in tires and he turns off his truck. let me just tell you what a bad idea this was. we get the chains out and hook them from my rear bumper to his front bumper (another bad idea haha) he gets back in his truck and tries to start it... nothing, so i try to pull this god aweful explorer out of these ruts but ended up nearly getting stuck myself. so i pull around to his rear bumper and hook these chains to my front (guess what, bad idea) i ended up pulling the dead weight of the ford up this steep hill till he can coast down and try to avoid the ruts this time. it nearly ripped off his bumper, mine was fine.then i tow it across all these ruts and stuff ALL THE WAY back to the road and tow him to a restuarant. it cost him 2 grand in engine work and replacing bushings for his axles and stuff. but it was fun for me [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 12:53 AM

about 10 years ago this neighbor of mine whom had heard stories of us going down to the River ( i live about a mile as the crow flies from the Pomac River in MD outside DC)

anyhow this guy comes walking up my drive way one sat afternoon he has gotten his car stuck on the trail to the river , now i had a 72 VW beetle, one friend a 70 Bronco - stock, and the other with a 72 Commando also stock, so we pile in to our respective car and head off a mile up the road and down the trail to find my neighbor's full size 2 ton Cadalic Elderado ? ( cannot Spell) this was an early 70's boat bigger than a Caprice Classic ( bronco guy had a 73) anyhow he is sitting in a spot where the groung is hard but stays wet and does not give his caddy any traction - so he is about a 1/2 mile off the hardball and down a really steep hill to boot so for the next several hrs we have to hand winch this guy out - way b4 anybody had a winch. up the big hill to ground he can get traction on - so finally after dark we were done - a good 4hrs later - and do ya think the selfish bastard bought any beer ............ hell no [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 11:13 PM
soundwve

OK, here's mine. Recent too. On Monday night, about 11:15 PM, I was out with a friend riding the backwoods trails. Since there wasn't much light, I couldn't see the small water pools near the trail. Anyway, I was doing about 10-12mph over a small bump when my Dodge diesel just stopped. Couldn't move forward or back. (I was in 4wd.)

Got out, and wouldn't ya know: I had found a water/mud pit the hard way. The entire front axle was buried, both lower control (locating) arms were sunk, and the rear duals were sinking fast. (So were my legs and shoes!!) Called my sister, who came out in her [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Toyoda Seqouia to pull me out. She found water/mud hole #2. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] After 2 hours tryin' to dig myself out with a shovel, I said "F*** this", and called a wrecker.

All told, it took 6 hours to get us both out. And $375. And about 20,750lbs of force to winch me out. They sent the tractor (rig) wrecker, which also got stuck. (That's why they only charged me for 3 of those hours!!)
So by 8:30 AM, we were on our way home.

My boss was pissed when I got to work @ 12:45 PM. Supposed to be at work at 7:30 AM! (I called, so I still have a job.)I think I'll leave the Dodge at home next time! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode