71' Jeep Gladiator Suspension - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 02:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

71\' Jeep Gladiator Suspension

A friend of mine has a 1971 Jeep Gladiator that was turned into a swamp buggy for use in the Everglades. While working on it over the weekend he found a snapped leafspring. Is there anybody that makes a suspension lift for this vehicle that includes replacement leaf springs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 03:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 71\' Jeep Gladiator Suspension

Unfortunately not... 75 and older FSJ's have to have custom springs made mainly for the rear....the front's work back to a certain year but not sure what the cutoff is...

Triangle Spring makes a Chevy spring that works in the rear, just need the right bushing pressed in.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 11:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your best off going the route that I did talk to a local spring co. give them your old springs and tell them to make new ones to suit your needs. It'll cost a pretty penny but How Much Love do you owe your Gladiator. My front springs for my 65 waggie cost $130 each. The rear end. Talk to me in afew months.If it's aSolid FSJ don't let it die.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 01:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think the cutoff on the springs is 73 or 74. If you want to get high falutin try mounting a set of wagoneer springs underneith the frame on some custom perches. ive been pondering doing that on a 64 for a while. if u do it tell me how it works out cause i dont want to f*** up. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 11:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can have the springs made by Alcan Spring, they quoted me about 300 for a set of front spring with 6" lift. I'd bet they would just build you a single leaf (one for both sides to balance) in order to rebuild your own pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode